car now colour coded.....well happy!

done on my small driveway on thursday 8th sept, started 9am walked away at 5 pm, all in 2 pack, bumpers , mirrors, splitter, skirts, i am happy it came out ok and also not in a garage, took a chance been waiting months to do though, now done before the weather sets in!

do i get your approval??????

as it was

lights off!

masking up & bit of primer

more masking bit more primer

getting there!

mmmmm not bad

well thats it!face-icon-small-cool.gifface-icon-small-happy.gifface-icon-small-wink.gif

cheers for that lads! and ladettes!

i have had the equipment for about 6 years, big enough compressor £150 approx, £35 gun, big buffing machine like a grinder! £60, the mops, ect.... cost enough at the time but i've sprayed a few bits mainley on my own cars, spoilers, mirrors, bonnet on my bmws, done my mates ren 5 turbo body kit in 2k (before he ended up in a tree on the m25! in the rain) so i wasn't scared to tackle it. i have just got to finish it off with some g3 to get all the c**p bits out and match the existing to it,

i wanted to do it at work under cover but didn't get the time or space there before it gets too cold, and couldn't wait another year!face-icon-small-wink.gif

you also need patience, time, no wind, sunny day, plenty of tea, scare crow, enough paint & thinners, and a bloody mask................i used a rag tied around my head and over nose & mouth, i'm still sneezing dark green bits out, don't breathe in too much thinners ..................you won't finish the job face-icon-small-wink.gif

but at the end..........................good job done and you can say "i did that".

also a tip for those with dodgy paint job...... use G3 it makes a bad paint job splendid (don't use it all the time though!)

<< you also need patience, time, no wind, sunny day, plenty of tea, scare crow, enough paint & thinners, and a bloody mask................i used a rag tied around my head and over nose & mouth, i'm still sneezing dark green bits out, don't breathe in too much thinners ..................you won't finish the job face-icon-small-wink.gif

but at the end..........................good job done and you can say "i did that".

also a tip for those with dodgy paint job...... use G3 it makes a bad paint job splendid (don't use it all the time though!)[/q

didn`t have the balls to do my sti5 or my front splitter got them pre sprayd, nice job mateface-icon-small-cool.gif

yes!!! if it's that bad then the g3 does the rest,.... equipments getting a lot cheaper now, to do that job it cost £54 for 500ml base coat, 5 ltr prem thinners, 2k laquar/hardner, measuring cups! tin of panel wipe, i used plenty, all the base coat, half the 2k pack.

would of been 5-6 times that cost in a garage??

<< yes!!! if it's that bad then the g3 does the rest,.... equipments getting a lot cheaper now, to do that job it cost £54 for 500ml base coat, 5 ltr prem thinners, 2k laquar/hardner, measuring cups! tin of panel wipe, i used plenty, all the base coat, half the 2k pack.

would of been 5-6 times that cost in a garage??[/

your right mate, body shops are on i think about 30 pounds an hour! think you`v got your self a convert!!I can afford cock ups at that rateface-icon-small-smile.gif