Just got my insurance renewal thru.....

Spoke to Rob @ A-Plan, and he reckons that, although it's 7 weeks till my renewal date, he can get it to be around a grand. Thats with all the modifications, plus my speeding convictions, plus the wife added, with the two claims there has been this year on her car insurance (someone hit her car in Tesco's and left without leaving a note - it needed a new quarter, then the drunk/drugged pedestrian hitting it in glasgow at the end of may (i was driving that time - the car needed another rear quarter on the other side) - the pedestrian was charged with the damage caused but his case is still waiting to be heard). Also covers business use too.

To be honest, i was more expecting around the £800 mark - was i being unrealistic?

Got mine down to £450, and with a lower XS, using NU.

This time last year Kwik Fit quoted me £1.5K, More Than came back with £550, albeit a big XS.

Shop around. I did the interweb thing and eventually resorted to a broker, he obtained a deal I couldn't source myself.

I suppose you will be a Group 18? My car's a 17, so probably cheaper, even with the G82 post code.

Good hunting,

K.

Guys n Girls,

I went through confused.com with my MY05 WRX 300 (PPP and other mods listed) including class one business use, legal cover and a £100 excess for £458.00 policy is with Admiral. All other companies were quoting me £1200+.

I would suggest tho that once you fill in the proforma with confused and they list the quotes that you then actually deal with the insurer direct as originally through confused my quote was £580.

worth a try face-icon-small-wink.gif

Gus

A-plan has been my best price so far. Also tried confused.com, and waiting to hear back from greenlight.

Seems this accident in May is bumping up the price - also doesn't help that i've been done for speeding 3 times in the last 5 years face-icon-small-sad.gif

Ah well....... i expected about £800 so if A-plan is about a grand then it's not too bad. Bye-bye goes the new springs though.

<< Geez Ally..... calm down bud!!!!

You'll burst a vessel if your not careful there >>

going to start my own political party ........... P.I.D.D.L.E. - Passionate Impreza Drivers Deserve Lasting Enjoymentface-icon-small-wink.gif

come on people ......... go for a PIDDLE !!!!!