nankang tyres......bloody dodgy

i put me scoob in for MOT, and as always i expect the worse, even though i could'nt put my finger on much wrong. when i bought these wheels i put 2x nangkang tyres on the front,, they could of killed meface-icon-small-shocked.gif as i was informed they have a fault.. the rubbers part away so your left with layers of rubber flying off.

this was only on the inside. it starts off as a split ( which there were a 12 inch and a 8 inch split along the inside wall and a chunk out which down to the threads.

just the thought of how fast i have driven, on certain roads, with me other half in the car who is my future face-icon-small-blush.gif and the worse thing still......i had these on my BMW and the same thing happened.....i didn't think did Iface-icon-small-mad.gif

i feel mad that i got the same tyres on a performance car and more likely to fail me.

someone please give me a boll***ing!!

and for me to say avoid these tyres.. it's not likely your as tight as me and you don't have them, but if you do..check the inside wall as well as the outside!

face-icon-small-blush.gifmarkface-icon-small-blush.gif

i think there terrible in the wet, i once went around a corner about 25 mph and it slid the whole way around lol, there pretty good in ther dry, i don't think they are good enough for imprezas handling though. One other thing is, there the only tyres i've ever had that get all 4 wheels spinning if you give it too much off the lights lollol, they only spin for a few turns and when wet but i really liked my pirellis before (errr 60mph around a small roundabout no problem lol)

Interesting comments guys!.... i must say it's got to be only a few that have faults, i wish i had my camera and took some pics,, it shocked me, one of the splits you could push a pencil in it long ways (short pencil)! whats that? about 1/4 inch wide? and the layers coming off you could just peel it off in inch long strips

i said may be it was the rough road where i live, they said that would'nt do that damage, it's only on dirt aswell for about 30 feet.

some of you have them and maybe yours are ok, i guess i got a bum deal...twice!

i spoke to a guy at work (one of our customers) and he has them on st200, they are in one piece but he has trouble with wheel spin and hes changing them as soon as he can, so thats a common one then!face-icon-small-frown.gif

i have now got some other brand a bit dearer but not well known "fortuna" they have a thicker wall, we'll how they go face-icon-small-smile.gif

ive just put 4 nankings on mine, 205/55/16s,,,, okey up to now,managed to get up too 130mph while the kids n wife was asleep fully loaded with mountain bikes & suit cases,comeing back from centre parks (penrith),

IVE ALSO JUST FITTED A HAYWARD & SCOTT REAR EXHAUST BOX 4"

awesome sound & not to loud on the motorway, wel impressed,,,,,,picies soon,