face-icon-small-mad.gif

I am not buying a lottery ticket this week......

Been sorting out the brakes on the wagon this week. The front 4-pot calipers were seized, so i sent them off to Godspeed for a refurb. The rears were still solid discs, so i got a secondhand set of calipers from HDC Subaru.

New discs and pads all round from AWD.

HDC sent the calipers to me next day (Yesterday) and are superb condition. A bit of a clean and paint and ready to fit. -Thanks June at HDC

Unfortunately i'd ordered the wrong rear pads from AWD who did a fantastic job and got the right ones to me next day (today) - Thanks Grant and Paddy

Godspeed did a 2 day turnaround on the caliper refurb (Thanks Ian) and sent them out via parcel force for delivery yesterday.

No sign of the calipers. yesterday, no sign today either. checked the tracking and it says they are still in Swansea depot. Phoned parcel farce to check what the score was. Only to be told that they aren't in Swansea but in Coventry, and i won't get them until next week. Because they have 19000 parcels stuck in Coventry and thats just my tough luck (not their exact words but might as well have been!).

Everytime i get something delivered via parcel farce something happens. I've had them lose 2 DVD players i'd ordered. The 3rd one took an age to turn up too and i was told the driver kept trying to deliver it but no-one was in. Which was b*ll*cks as my wife was in and they never left a card. Next day delivery always takes at least 2 days with them. Normally with the excuse that they couldn't deliver because no-one was in.

face-icon-small-mad.gif

Sorry for the long post, but i had to get it off my chest!!!!

I normally use Initial City Link - they have only let me down once (mobile phone i sold on eBay went missing) but they refunded me the money i'd made from the sale in full.

Online tracking facility too - give them a try next time you want something couriered

<< I normally use Initial City Link - they have only let me down once (mobile phone i sold on eBay went missing) but they refunded me the money i'd made from the sale in full.

Online tracking facility too - give them a try next time you want something couriered >>

I think we have all had bad experiences with couriers, I refuse to use Sh1tty link as they had a success rate of 60% with us and we were putting out thousands of pounds worth of perishable goods.

I use ANC and TNT now for bigger parcels and they are a little better, I'm afraid to say that the only company who can deliver with any kind of accuracy are Royal Mail with Special Delivery, I send a 100 parcels a day and they have a 92% success rate with us. the only downside is if you go above 2kg it gets too pricey hence the reason I use 3 companies.

Please dont use DHL as it would cut down on my napping time in the Dumfries lay-by

face-icon-small-smile.gif

Can understand your frustration Ian but the guy who hands you the parcel is the last in a very long chain. Some of these guys are on bonus with regard to the amount of parcels they deliver. Some of them leave the depot with 100+ delivery stops on board and there is usually not enough time in the day for these guys to get around thier route. With the majority of them being self employed, they dont really care whether the parcel gets there in 1 day, 2 days or even a week, they will still get the money for the delivery

I am on a salary and get paid the same whether i do 1 drop or 1000 drops. I have an "hell or high water i will deliver it" type attitude towards my job.

Grant

Cheers Guys.

Grant,

I know it's not the bloke delivering it's fault. It's the company as a whole that needs shot. face-icon-small-mad.gif

I usually try to avoid parcel farce. Even to the point of asking folks i'm buying from not to use them. Usually you have to pay a couple of quid extra for delivery. But if you're paying for a service. It should be that service you get. Now if they said it's 2-3 days as standard (Which IMO they should do) then fair enough. But they are taking money under false pretences, again IMO)

Rant over, i'm about to phone Dave to borrow his calipers so i can take my nice shiney wagon (Had nowt better to do than clean it for 2 days!) out for a blast over the weekend. (and get to work on Monday!)

Yeeeeeehaaaaaaaa!!!

Parcel Farce lost a £400 hifi I'd sent to a guy who'd bough it off ebay from me. 2 day anxious wait for them to finally remember where they'd put it wasn't fun.

I've not used them since, and ask people not to use them where I can.