So Come On Then, Decide The Fate Of The Fridge...

Ok, so i've reached my 300bhp target. I plan to spend at least the next week i'm home enjoying it. However, my house started going up last Monday and will no doubt be ready from me to move into come the end of May. I don't have to sell it but it would be conveinient what with having a house to carpet and furnish etc. Selling allows me to pay off the remainder of the loan and buy a big feckin TV amongst other things.

The plan then would be to wait until Autumn (if i can last that long) before buying something Japanese with DCCD.

However, she's a pretty girl and i've put alot of time and effort into her. She'll also have a nice warm garage to snuggle up in once the house is done. The problem is i can't realistically tune it any further without having a weekly ritual sacrificing of a gearbox... and i've already started buying the bits for a new project.

It'd also be cost effective to strip down and sell off as i should make at least 8k once i've kept the bits i want for myself (wheels, AVC-R + Defis before anyone asks). I'd appreciate your thoughts on this one gentlemen, the old girl has been a regular for a while now...

jun044.jpg

jul045.jpg

aug047.jpg

sep048.jpg

Carl, do yoursself a favour...you have the bling just now, get one without it(or get it back to standard). I can't help but feel SO happy with the RA. It's not yet been bought off the business, but it's gonna be PENNIES and i'm getting so much fun from something that doesn't have mega bucks thrown at it. Sell off the stuff that isn't needed and keep it boggo but with the zorst and AVCR fitted and you'll be happy.face-icon-small-smile.gif

dont do it man!!!

I recently blew my wrx up and traded down to a golf GTI. After 7 wks i had enough and got an STI.

What im trying to say is that its a top car, which you could seriously regret selling after a very short period of time.

Dont Do IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! nothing else competes with these weapons

Well Carl.

We spoke briefly about this at Dastek with AndyF.

Good thing is, you get most of your money back, although you still cant forget the amount of time you've put into it.

I done exactly the same thing as you, and i still regret it to this day. But then again, i done it, and didn't buy another scoob. (still like the Honda though)

If your heart aint in it anymore though, i'd go for it, and at least you'll be going to another scoob. face-icon-small-smile.gif

Dave, that's more or less what i have in mind. I can only think of one car which fits all my requirements though. It has to be STi for the engine, DCCD because it wouldn't be worth it without it, MY99 onwards because i'll waste money facelifiting it if it isn't and as lightweight as possible. Only leaves one Impreza that i can think of...

De-tuning the Fridge isn't an option. I really need another project to maintain my interest. The stumbling block is that i can't realistically go any further with my car without looking towards gearboxes among other hideously expensive things.

I'd like to sell it with most of the body bits but i'd need some half decent wheels to replace the Speedlines before i could do that. I think i've made my mind up, feck this is going to hurt lol!

Russ, the wheels will be staying with me for now. I still owe you a big kiss for putting them my way. face-icon-small-tongue.gifface-icon-small-smile.gif

Hairy muu Carl, but i have to say.....the look of the RA WITHOUT the facelift and spoiler, actually seems to make it look better. Dunno what it is. I was already to change the whole look of it, but it just looks perfect the way it is. I dunno what you can afford dood, but if you've gotta have both the house and somethin simple, something LIKE my own is just right.face-icon-small-wink.gif

I don't know though Dave - I've got the lurrveellly Racelines that would have finished it of - muu ha ha ha !!!

Carl - if projects light your fire bud, then change the soob - personally I like having a car that I can fettle with and am with you on that score.

However flash cars and new houses are a tricky one to balance. I had a cracking ATR, but down graded to a 10 year Golf gti because my new house came with a big mortgage. had a year of hell with no fun car to speak of, but eventually managed to get a soob sorted out.

Do your sums mate and see what the calcs say - sounds very boring I know, but houses cost dosh - even new ones as they all need to be kitted out and furnished.face-icon-small-wink.gif