Wagon WRX v's Saloon WRX

Not to contentious this thread so i reckon i can safely reply.

95 Wagon WRX is fitted with a different turbo than the 95 WRX saloon. Saloon is a TD05 turbo and the wagon is the smaller TD04 turbo hence the diffrent power output. The block and heads are identical on both wagon and saloon, it was only the ECU and the turbo which were different.

Std power on the WRX wagon is about 220bhp and the WRX saloon was 260bhp

A damn good idea for you is to source a TD05 turbo and the ECU from a 93 - 96 WRX saloon.

U8 ECU is fitted to the 93 - 94 import saloons, power wise about 240 with cat in place

Z4 ECU is fitted to the 95 - 96 import saloons, power wise about 260 with cat in place

Removing the cat will free up anything between 0 and 40 bhp.

Hope this helps

Grant

[way to hide in my hole]

Dougster,

I heard the rally team didn't use wagons because they were too frightened of the extra speed.... face-icon-small-tongue.gif

OK next question....

Where is the best place to get a TD05? Anyone up this neck of the woods? I have a couple of ECU's (Incl 1 with the scooby piggyback)

How much of a pain is it to fit one?

Cheers,

Ian

<< Dougster,

I heard the rally team didn't use wagons because they were too frightened of the extra speed.... face-icon-small-tongue.gif

OK next question....

Where is the best place to get a TD05? Anyone up this neck of the woods? I have a couple of ECU's (Incl 1 with the scooby piggyback)

How much of a pain is it to fit one?

Cheers,

Ian >>

AndyF or Ebay

I will concede that the fastest Scooby in the world over the quarter mile is a Wagon.

Grant

I have a JDM Sti wagon..it's 256 BHP as standard.......the wagons have a different gearing ratio to compensate for carrying extra load(weight)....which limits top speed to about 136 mph.

I had to get a wagon as I need the space.I admit that they'll never have the same street cred,but as a result they can be bought cheeper,thus more car for less money(thats what i found anyway).

Wagon's rule(although if I could afford it and didn't need the space I'd have the 22B at Eden Subaru any day)

face-icon-small-smile.gif

I thought everybody knew wagons were quicker.face-icon-small-happy.gif

171 mph @ 1.25 mls at Elvington on their timing gear and several unofficial speeds at Bruntingthorpe which has a 70mph run on, a longer straight and a more gentle run off. 182-186 mph. The top speed was limited by what revs I was running the red line at. 182 mph was 8000 rpm.

Getting rid of speed from 180+ is interesting, even at Bruntingthorpe.

www.geocities.com/harveysmith3000

PS The 95/96 Wagon is 240 bhp I think and the saloon is 260 bhp. TD04 turbo v/v TD05 and a different ECU.