japfest 2005

i am new to sidc and am interested in japfest 2005 , i would like to hear from anyone who went to last years to see what it was like and to find out more about the tickets and what they entitle you to . as i am looking to take my missus with me and assume you need to buy a ticket per person and not per car .

i am also considering doin a track session as i have never done one before and want to find out if passengers are allowed , if so do i have to get a ticket for them too .

also do i get to park with other imprezas in the sidc or do i have to join the club itself to do this .

thanks to anyone that can help

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome

If you do a search on Japfest I am sure you will find plenty of details of last years event you can also check out the Japfest Website

Re the tickets they are per person and if they are bought through the club you will be sent a pass which will enable you to pack in our enclosure[Where someone will encourage you to join the club face-icon-small-wink.gif]

Track time at Castle Coombe they allow passengers as long as they have registered at race control and have signed an indemnity form [i think there is a charge of £5 made by the circuit for this]. You will need a helmet and have your legs and arms covered.

I hope that helps

i to can recommend joining the group (if thats what you want to call it)

it has lots of benifits and is more like a family then just a car club.

We have phil (the chairman) who is like a daddy to us allface-icon-small-smile.gif

and everyone else are like sister,brothers, cousins etc

To fully paid up members there are discounts from suppliers, a regular magazine, discounts on show entrance cost and stand passes, chances to buy brand new goods at group discounted prices....................The list grows each year

the social side is excellent and the events are well organised and always have a good turn out.

There is lots of females as well so the wife will not feel left out in any way and if there are children in your family these are welcomed with open arms as well.

Jap Fest offers a perfect first event to attend with the sidc, You can have a laugh, meet alot of members from all over the country and watch some great action on the track. There are alot of trade stands as well.

Its advisable to have comfortable foot wear.

i will be there so have a good trip down and we will see you there

thanks a lot to you all , u have just persuaded me , not that i needed that much persuading in the first place , i will go and see if i can book the tickets right this minute , hopefully there are some left!

tell you what though i know the fuel down wont be cheap as i just went to swindon from home a month ago and it took a full tank each way . but it will be worth every penny.

nice one , i av just been and done the dirty deed and spent some money on my tickets and the mornin session on the track . i am really looking forward to seeing all the cars and meeting fellow impreza lovers and maybe getting a few ideas on mods for my car . and last but certainly not least being able to take my car on a track and do over 70 without worrying what is coming the other way or where the nearest camera is .

what is the stelvio pass meet or more to the point where is it .

tell you what , i didnt realise just how many impreza things go on and until you get one you just dont find out .

my missus has onlly just got used to the fact that impreza drivers wave at each other like bikers do , she thought she had got away from all that when i sold mine.

<< i aint never had such a busy social life , and i have certainly never got to know my local petrol station owner , he actually seems pleaased to see me , wonder why that is .face-icon-small-confused.gif >>

ahh yes..that'll be the 80 something pence per litre that you'll be spending then lol...face-icon-small-happy.gif

<< A real great day out, If you love cars, you'll love Japfest

Tony

Ps more Scoobies than anything else face-icon-small-wink.gif IMHO >>

Tony, was it you on the track that spun out? face-icon-small-blush.gif

I remember watching this fantastic blue new age going really well then disappearing (Thought you had all your laps)