Rotated turbo in my fsti

Can any  of you wonderful people see any problems with a rotated turbo set up in my forester sti ? I have thought of a couple .

1/ my perrin fmic boost tube is right in the way (who should be used to alter this )

2/ my header tank could be in the way (where would you move it too)

Any input would be greatfully received and I would just like to say that most of my projects come to fruition so any words of wisdom will not be wasted .

IMG_20190203_141857.jpg

Edited by Lockheed

So I have decided to go with a full kit from RCM but with out the exhaust manifold as I already have that part this brings costs down by £600 plus the sale of my existing turbo and various other bits will reduce the purchase to £2550 .

Can anyone shed some light on any unforeseen problems that I may encounter? or point me to someone who can . I would just add im looking to avoid Enginetuner.

• Thanks 1
On 5/9/2019 at 18:53, Lockheed said:

So I have decided to go with a full kit from RCM but with out the exhaust manifold as I already have that part this brings costs down by £600 plus the sale of my existing turbo and various other bits will reduce the purchase to £2550 .

Can anyone shed some light on any unforeseen problems that I may encounter? or point me to someone who can . I would just add im looking to avoid Enginetuner.

bar from having ro much room LOL. 

length of Turbo oil pipes

I assume you have to raise/space up the induction headers. 

You might need to upgrade clutch fluid mutol RBF600 still dot4 but better boil points than dot 5 or 5.1

lag and or heat sheild.

Tony

Thank you Tony ! the oil lines come with the kit (ive been doing some research)and the air in side of things is no longer under the manifold unless your talking the hot air which I have seen routed under the manifold.

Your saying the clutch fluid needs to be replaced because it will be closer to the turbo? Also would I need a out of tank fuel pump . 

Would a gt35r be laggy on a 2.35 or should I go for a gt30r ?

19 hours ago, Lockheed said:

Thank you Tony ! the oil lines come with the kit (ive been doing some research)and the air in side of things is no longer under the manifold unless your talking the hot air which I have seen routed under the manifold.

Odd version i,d seen i think route for intercooler pipe!!!!! or old age moment

Your saying the clutch fluid needs to be replaced because it will be closer to the turbo?

yes, giving large can boil and peddle stops down

Also would I need a out of tank fuel pump .

not sure but dont think so, athough upraded Pump and Pressure regulator as minimum. Injectors depending on IDC on remap. Also depnd on previous set up upgrades and new mods for power or  new Turbo etc.

Would a gt35r be laggy on a 2.35 or should I go for a gt30r ?

iffy 50/50, i`d prefer less lag over bhp pub figures, use bum dyno, so gt30. But better to ask on scoobynet, as more peeps have been down this route.

Tony

Edited by t5nyw
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Lockheed said:

well is this a worth while thread ,should I keep posting this progress ?

Yes, please do! :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Lockheed said:

any suggestions to how I can make this more attractive to member's .

• Full dyno print out once complete
  • 0-60 mph test & 1/4 mile run on a drag strip
  • Recording your G's on a skidpan
  • Calculated theoretical top speed & braking distances, or better yet an airstrip!
Edited by STImulation
  • Like 1
19 hours ago, Lockheed said:

well is this a worth while thread ,should I keep posting this progress ?. any suggestions to how I can make this more attractive to member's . just as type I have an email from scooby net saying ….. explain the meaning of time  . what the ****

Yes please, keep posting.   Pics of the installation into the engne bay, as it happens part by part, will be interesting.  

Never tire of photos of well engineered stainless and polished parts!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes I'm going to use the standard cams as a bit of an experiment but I have sneaky suspicion that my clutch won't put up with it, if it doesn't I'll pull the motor and refresh it, do the clutch and fit tomei adjustable vernier pullies and get the lateral 272 cams for the single side avcs 

Mark at lateral has given me such good prices on all my bits and pieces that I don't think I could afford to do it with out him. 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/02/2020 at 15:36, STImulation said:

It’ll be interesting to see how it turns out with the standard cams.

What clutch are you running currently & what might you replace it with if needs be?

Interestingly I've been experiencing some clutch bounce it's an act xtreme clutch rated to 640 ftlbs its been amazing 55k odd I've done at close to 4/500 hp. 

So I think the decision has been made to pull the motor and refresh it, do the cams and fit the vernier pully and change the clutch. 

But this is roughly what it will look like 

IMG_20200222_112628.jpg

IMG_20200222_112647.jpg