Scooby virgin

Hello, I have just bought a 2003 Spec C for my son and I to share for shows and trackdays. We're both big petrolheads, my son has an Audi TTS mk2 with an APR stage 2+ upgrade to around 390bhp. I am just selling a Westfield Megabusa, 208bhp, 510kgs to make way for the Scooby. We've got tickets to JDM Combe so hope to see some of you there, we are also regulars at Caffeine & Machine which we can highly recommend.

I will try & post some pics soon.

Cheers all, safe Scooby'ing.

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, Sysyphus said:

Yes it's a nice bit of kit but takes a lot of practice to use it.....

why , in what way its got a very short throw I know .

I was considering one myself but as I said its a costly gear change ……… maybe next month if I can afford it.

I love the blurb in the add "wig" welded this is german , in german the W stands for Wolfram ……. tungsten 

The gearbox feels ok stationary, but not intuitive on the move, very strong spring across the gate, you need to be very firm and precise. On a trackday I can image arriving at the corner at speed and fishing for a gear ?

3 hours ago, Sysyphus said:

The gearbox feels ok stationary, but not intuitive on the move, very strong spring across the gate, you need to be very firm and precise. On a trackday I can image arriving at the corner at speed and fishing for a gear ?

so no finesse just brute force, ram it in or else misses every gear.  and then have start again from 1st  :wacko:

interested as likewise thought about one, the proper £10,000 sequencial can wait till lottery win.

tony

Edited by t5nyw
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1