Hi all maybe a stupid question but here we go im putting my classic back to as near standard as i can so im getting rid of the induction kit the maf thats on it now is knackered so i managed to get a new one but the diameter of the pipe in the maf housing is smaller than the maf that was on it, the new one is a blueprint part with the same part number as a original subaru one so i can only assume the knackerd maf is the wrong one for the car any ideas on diameter sizes?????? Also will a standard airbox of a uk car fit my jdm car as i wanna put it back on and ditch the induction kit old maf is on the left new maf on the right as you can see the new maf is smaller  any info much appreciated

20190504_074253.jpg

Edited by scoobyjoff
  • 3 weeks later...

Well orange maf arrived fitted it and car starts no problem it idles for about 30secs then just dies any ideas before i get a gallon of V-POWER and a match !!!!! And send it to the great subaru gods in the sky :foo::foo:

Edited by scoobyjoff

Hi don i did a ecu reset amd the CEL light is no longer on it fires up atraight the way and runs on choke for about 30secs then gives up ive made no adjustment on the idle control valve as this is the other classic i bought since selling the v2 ive only changed the maf on this one

13 minutes ago, scoobyjoff said:

Hi don i did a ecu reset amd the CEL light is no longer on it fires up atraight the way and runs on choke for about 30secs then gives up ive made no adjustment on the idle control valve as this is the other classic i bought since selling the v2 ive only changed the maf on this one

I was wondering which of them you were messing around with ? 

I assume if you keep it running using the throttle for a few minutes it dies straight away or does it always cut out after 30(ish) seconds?

9 minutes ago, scoobyjoff said:

If i leave it on idle after first starting it dies after about 30secs but if i keep my foot on the throttle atnabout 1500revs it runs but a bit lumpy and as soon as throttle released it dies

Take the Oil filter cap off and try (It's magic ?

Is the replacement MAF faulty? I assume is was not new. Have you still got the other scoob? can you scavenge parts from that to do a test?