Gold wheels

Guest Debsp555

Should be able to pick up a set of four standard 17x8s easily enough on Ebay. Loads of 08 on cars had them and sold them online once the tyres were done to get 18" upgrades. Probably silver in colour but if you get them for a reasonable proice they'd need sorting anyway. I'd recommend the place in Leeds that did mine . Perfect finish.

Edited by MarkJHarris

Deb

Wheels can be complete minefield, most peeps hate posting as never a definative answer as most cars aren,t standard. sti bits on wrx etc :blink:

PCD 100 on a hawk wrx 5 speed and PCD 114 on STi 6 speed

also some types,styles of 17/18,s wont clear gold brembo the Wheel webs catch front calipers. due to this most get prodrive wheels so always fit right or just get a wheel dealer to sort.

just remember that some ebay wheels offerings ae 18x7.5j and not the normal 18x8J.

8J,s run 225 tryes & 7.5J are 215 tyres this can effect the ET required.

so example on 18x8J ET51 fits OK.  on a 18x7.5J need to be approx ET45  to be same distance from arch. and slightly less if 215 than 225. confused !!!!! most are, even me. :o

Tony

Edited by t5nyw

nice one Floz:D

I was asked at Rallyday, with his WRX STi 270, a very sort after wide track version !!!!!  said he couldn,t get the right set of front brake disk and pads.  two differents sets came but somebits ineach were right ...

simple because he had have one :unsure: he had been screwed over by seller :dunce:

he only had a 05 WRX 270 5 speed non DCCD which should have PCD 100 wheels & hubs and wrx 4 pot brakes. He did not have a 05STi 6speed wide track with DCCD and brembo,s.

but had STi 05 hubs and wheels and WRX 4 pot calipers.  Sadly the Lad was unaware what i was talking about, or it was a special edition, a 2005 impreza "SHP" 

"Scrap Heap Challenge " :at:

Tony

Edited by t5nyw
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much everyone for your really helpful advice! Bloody minefield! Got the original wheels on the car but they have been crappy sprayed gold, are scratched and leach air so think they will, at least need a major overhaul, re rim, could still be just as rubbish and driving me nuts! 

Edited by debsp555
Additions
  • Upvote 1
On 4/10/2018 at 20:56, debsp555 said:

Thank you so much everyone for your really helpful advice! Bloody minefield! Got the original wheels on the car but they have been crappy sprayed gold, are scratched and leach air so think they will, at least need a major overhaul, re rim, could still be just as rubbish and driving me nuts! 

a mine feild true. But prodrive wheels or find picture of ones you like on same car as yours :happy:

measure twice cut once :thumbs: in other words buy with caution :blush: youll ge there

• 2 months later...

After lots of umming and ooohing looking at the back account.... heart ruled head and bought the 18” Prodrive wheels - awesome!   Slight prob - now I don’t have a spare tyre ???? any suggestions? 

53F78B45-A49A-49DD-919B-2DA53F52B474.jpeg

Edited by debsp555
  • Like 1