Water in boot

Just noticed a pool of water in my classic 99 boot spare weel area!! Plus the carpet is a little damp I've noticed it seems to be running down the Boot lid seal to were the lock is and entering through some little holes down to the spare weel not sure how it's working its way under the seal and over again:stena: it does look a bit warn now would a new seal solve this problem!!! Around the back lights are good no wet patches just seems to be  the seal......

I had this trouble on my classic mate i cleaned up the boot seal and checked it for cracks and splits etc wasnt much damage to it and the clean seemed to cure the problem a change of seal mite be worth looking at but i had trouble finding one tbh 

Edited by scoobyjoff
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah. That's a better idea. I replaced the seal round the base of the spoiler with silicone. ~I ran a nice bead round, then let it fully dry before fitting. Comes off undamaged every time.  the slots for drainage mean I still need to seal the holes but silicone isn't much use here. I was going to buy new gaskets from Subaru but your Neoprene sheet idea sounds pretty good. Thanks for the tip!