Scooby Newbie

Hi All,

4 weeks into 2008 hatch ownership and loving it so far. I knew i loved it after i started staring back at it when walking away after parking and 2 weeks ago I spent 7 hours washing, claying and carnauba waxing it. Coming from an Evo 7 it was surprisingly different compared to a classic RA my next door neighbour owned many moons ago and alot more refined (soft and quiet lol). I like the SI Drive. Although I am underwhelmed by the power this wont be my first port of call in terms of modification. I want it to feel a bit more hardcore (If i wanted comfort i'd have bought a German car) the gears don't feel like they snatch into position the ride is softer than i would like and I would like to touch on these first. I've heard alot about Chocolate pistons and weak ringlands but i'll hopefully touch on that with a couple of visits to well Subaru Tuners (FB Tuning and Slowboys) this coming week if I get the chance to drop in this coming week. I want to have the car "finished"  lol the way i like it within 3 years time. Are there in any other Hatch owners in the Buckinghamshire/Berkshire Area that want to show me how a modified hatch should look and feel?

Tris.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Don,   Did you not get into bother for parking on the bowling green to take that photo? It looks Like a bowling green, either that  or you're in a really posh place - never seen a lawn like that in a park since I was a kid!  

2 hours ago, ccrien said:

Hi Don,   Did you not get into bother for parking on the bowling green to take that photo? It looks Like a bowling green, either that  or you're in a really posh place - never seen a lawn like that in a park since I was a kid!  

The Fairmile in Cobham Surrey, for a SurreyScoobies meet up, we are allowed to park on the grass, so the punters can use the carpark ;)

On 03/04/2016 at 09:19, salsa-king said:

Don, why don't you trim down your front number plate so they's not so much 'blank' on the left/right of the letters. min legal requirement id 11mm I think, I bet you could go to 15mm and it would look good :)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/359317/INF104_160914.pdf

numberplate.jpg

Had to get a new plate, due to lettering not being quite central meaning the mounting holes would were out

• 1 month later...

That would be illegal ;)

To meet the British Standard, each number plate must be permanently and legibly marked with the following information.
a The British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d)
b The name, trademark or other way of identifying the manufacturer or supplier
c The name and postcode of the supplying outlet