Bad Crash On News.

Aye, all started in thick fog. I drove about 30 miles on M1 through thick fog from London to Luton Airport this morning for a flight back to Inverness. Same thing on M1, cars with no lights on and going faster than they should with little or no visibility. Even my flight was delayed half an hour because of fog.

• Upvote 1

People down south always appear to have no common sense when it comes to driving in adverse weather

I wouldn't narrow it down to just down south Gordon.

It's absolutely frightening to see the way people drive up here, even in good conditions. They don't adapt or change their driving for any conditions, be it damp, rain, snow or fog. They drive around looking no further than their bonnet and have little to no time to react. I'm only surprised there aren't more accidents up here.

There were reports (I'm from down this way) of some drivers doing 90+mph (Actual report was 100, but salt added for intenet's sake), in visibility not much more than 20m.

Agreed with all the above comments. Most drivers don't pay any attention to the conditions, or even the cars around them. To the extent that if I stumble across someone who does drive correctly, I tend to stay behind them, just because its so nice to see :P Sad, I know, but thats just how bad it is down here.