Car Stalls While Driving.

hi everyone,

needing some help. today when i was out driving my 1999 impreza stalled twice. the first time was when i was slowing down for a roundabout had only been going around 30mph, the second i was just driving down the road doing around 30-40mph and it stalled again. on both times when the engine would not start for at least 2-5 mins but once started all was ok again. the car does not run or idle lumpy, it run fine when boosting u have no idea what it could be, i have heard that people say it could be position idle sensor, temp sensor or crank sensor.

what are everyone thoughts

thanks

scoobysid.

Ok so I only does it when up to temp not whilst cold and cuts out when in gear.

Does it do it under load or off throttle?

No check engine light when it happens?

Mmmm you said in 1st post it's a my99 now not to sound like every other post but it could be a faulty maf sensor as they are particularly weak on that year model.

Does it have an induction kit or original filter and airbox??

That said the starting issue could be temp sensor?

What would be great is if you could find someone local with same model car and swap bits over till you get a result!!

Where about in the uk are you??

Graeme

Ok so I only does it when up to temp not whilst cold and cuts out when in gear.

Does it do it under load or off throttle?

No check engine light when it happens?

Mmmm you said in 1st post it's a my99 now not to sound like every other post but it could be a faulty maf sensor as they are particularly weak on that year model.

Does it have an induction kit or original filter and airbox??

That said the starting issue could be temp sensor?

What would be great is if you could find someone local with same model car and swap bits over till you get a result!!

Where about in the uk are you??

Graeme