Thoughts On What Run For Higgy

I'd suggest a multi region run so all who knew him oils be involved. Higgy also loved the biggies so it seems like a fitting tribute.

The Cairngorms gets my vote

Im with Gummy, run from central up through Glenshee to Braemar could be wrong but think it was the last big club run Higgy did before he sold Crazy Horse - i remember we took a detour along some fun twisty bits and still hit the A9 before the regular group even including a stop for a jerry can and milk bottle of methanol at the side of the road....

Agree. Yeah it's long but it's the best memorial route given we remember him on it.

We met at AWD Perth

Headed through Perth

Headed as if we were going to Aberdeen the back way

Glenshee

Back down

I travelled to Aberdeen from Glasgow a few months back in the focus rs and it took me 30 mins longer than the usual 2.5hrs it would have going glasgow- Dundee- Aberdeen, using:

Glasgow

Perth

Blairgowrie

Bridge of Caly

Glenshee

Ballater

Aboyne

Abz

If you woked on the following:

0830-0900hrs- Perth RV

0915hrs- set off

0945hrs- Blairgowrie (16 miles)

1015hrs- Glenshee (photo, stop)(18 miles)

1100hrs- set off

1200hrs- aboyne- lunch (43 miles)

1300hrs- set off

1500hrs- Arrive in Perth (77 miles)

Total mileage= 154 miles

That is the original highland fling route from 2005 roughly.

Weve done it for Colin McRae and Richard Burns, but we knew Higgy !

Im sure someone clever could arrange small stickers

we could donate money if we somehow made it charitable to 'something'

Thats the one Chris, almost crashing more times than I could count along there trying to keep Higgy in sight is how i remember him - well that and his shades propped in his perfectly quaffed hair :)

donation to something suitable would be a nice touch - I know Dale (thefastone) is talking to Higgy's fiance so whether she would like to make some input is a consideration.

How about, the same route from the 2007 Run.

Perth, Glenshee, Braemar, Alford (Including "The Bridge"), The lecht, Tomintoul.

lets face it, it's the one that started the fling off, and the one that got us all talking about the pic. if your going to do a run like that, then that's the one do do IMHO...

I wasn't on the 2007 run was just before I bought my scoob! IIRC it Inspired us to come up with the BBQ run in 2008? Where we brought 3 main regions of the club to a mid point meet (North, South & East). Which went on in future years to become what is now the 3day Highland Fling! :driving:

The re-run of 2007 is a great idea! Or maybe 2008 BBQ Run but incorporating Higgy Bridge.. But I will be honest a true 2007 re-run is probably the best way to celebrate!

I did have a electronic copy of the 2007 route guide somewhere but cant find it off hand :(

Edited by ScoUK