Cel Light Help

Hi guys

Been away from here for a while but have found my way back looking for some experienced help.

At the weekend i had a short spell of pushing my car pretty hard and its thrown up the engine management light.

The car seems to be running with no problems as normal but the light has stayed on.

Any ideas what could have caused this? Im aware that i'll probably have to have it diagnosed.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

will do. i've been doing some reasearching and think maybe the front lambda could be dirty.?

Your car is about the age when the front A/F sensor tends to fail (usually the heater circuit P0031/P0032).

Doesn't show as anything specific but your MPG will probably suffer.

Get the code read.

You can buy a cheap code reader on the bay for about a tenner........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAN-BUS-U480-OBD2-Car-Diagnostic-Fault-Code-Reader-Scanner-Tester-OBD-II-EOBD-uk-/171052208838?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item27d38192c6

Thanks don. I take it this is something which is relatively common then?

I'll get the code read. Had seen those readers already but was unsure as they seemed really cheap

The front A/F sensor "seems" to last about 7/8 years. A common failure.

A cheap code reader is fine. Ideal for reading the odd code and resetting the ECU.

Well after being a bit concerned about this for the last 2 days I went outside tonight and the light is off!.. Pretty relieved about it but as always I'm a bit wiser now from all the good advice and info on here! Hopefully it will stay off too..

Cheers again folks :thumbup:

Good news that.

Happened to my 2005 WRX 3 or 4 weeks ago. It was going in for an oil change that week anyway and 1st thing Ken Brown asked was "where did you fuel up". Was 99 as always, but only about 15quid worth. Cleared after refilling and has never come back. Highly likely its nothing to worry about Martin :)