Dark Mica Red Hawkeye

:thumbup:

yeah there are a few red hawks aroudn but the factory paint was the lighter red.. Similarly with the Blobs. the Red Mica was only available for a few years from 2000 to 2002 IIRC Some late classics were available in red mica and was mainly used on the bugs (and only WRX or lower spec, red wasn't available on STi's).. Still a rare colour though. A much brighter and bolder red came in for Blobs which continued onto the hawks/hatchs/saloon.

Sounds like the Red Mica Hawk is a aftermarket paint job as to the best of my knowledge Subaru didn't do them in that colour :icon_salut:

Edited by ScoUK
  • 4 weeks later...

That would have been my old car possibly. It was a red hawkeye hence my user name lol. People think its mica red when in actual fact its called garnet red pearl (33j). I reluctenly sold it and bought an RB320 this year. It had a few Prodrive badges on it and i put the anthricite pff7's wheels on it along with the splitter. Was a great car but always wanted an RB320.

Oh, and yeah, that was me at the Doune hill climb :D

• Upvote 1

That would have been my old car possibly. It was a red hawkeye hence my user name lol. People think its mica red when in actual fact its called garnet red pearl (33j). I reluctenly sold it and bought an RB320 this year. It had a few Prodrive badges on it and i put the anthricite pff7's wheels on it along with the splitter. Was a great car but always wanted an RB320.

Oh, and yeah, that was me at the Doune hill climb :D

Ha ha I was in the white blob.