Knockhill Today With Pics Added

poor Lewis, all these confusing new words :P

have to say the pilot sport 3's I had on were great wet and dry - and the ap's and ds2500 pads were as awesome as ever, wasnt sure the pads would heat up enough with the rain but neednt have worried :)

godspeed - for people who dont need to stop in a hurry, think itl catch on?

Can't really complain about the RE70's, they were from the WR1 batches that subaru sold off cheap in 2005 and I had them originally on the white ra.

For those that are newer to the scene, the WR1 was brought into the country with gunmetal coloured Sti alloys fitted with the RE70'S. Subaru UK then decided to sell the car with 18" alloys instead which left them with 500 sets of wheels, so the dealers sold them all off at £450 a set I think it was :thumbup:

But on a nice dry track like Kames was a few weeks ago, they are good, they just don't like the wet. In hindsight I should have fitted the toyos from the start, just hopeful it would dry up.

I myself bought 2 sets of the wheels with RE-070 tyres. Ran one set on the road for a year or so before putting winter tyres onto the rims. When I changed cars onto a newage STI, I took off the winter tyres and sold the rims to Scott Robson for his track Impreza. I think it was Arch who bought the other set of wheels and tyres from me in new condition for his road car?

Managed to get 2 sets myself, pretty sure 1 set came from the Aberdeen dealer up your way John.

Lewis, they are good in the dry and have lasted me well. Although I've been using this set since new in 2005, they are now on and probably below the legal road wear limits. Saying that I also use a set of Toyo T1-R's for the wet and Pirelli RS full slicks for the odd occassion Knockhill is both dry and warm.

Thanks to all of you who ordered some photos from the event, either on CD, prints or canvas :) They have all been shipped and should be arriving through your letterbox from from today onwards if they haven't already arrived.

John

I myself bought 2 sets of the wheels with RE-070 tyres. Ran one set on the road for a year or so before putting winter tyres onto the rims. When I changed cars onto a newage STI, I took off the winter tyres and sold the rims to Scott Robson for his track Impreza. I think it was Arch who bought the other set of wheels and tyres from me in new condition for his road car?

It was indeed John and they are still on the road car although a set of PF01 pads and one weekend towing to Golspie caused enough brake dust to eat into the paint finish

Ouch, hope the wheels clean up OK? I had a similar experience with a set of Carbotech pads on my Spec D that needed a firm brush and some Wonder Wheels to shift!

Well beyond that John the dust ate in the wheels they need refurbed to sort