Wrx Blobeye 05 Speakers

I've looked around the forums but cant seem to find any info on replacing the speakers in my 05 WRX Blobeye.

Loads of info for older cars but not mine.

Can someone please direct me to somewhere that will show a "How to" guide for removing door cards, replacing speakers and sizes that will fit?

Know doubt this has been posted loads of times but i just cant find anything.

Thanks people

• Upvote 1

Door cards are easy. Pop the triangular corner peice off from the top corner where the door/window and the A pillar meet. Pop the opening handle surround off and then undo the screw in the bottom of the handle you usew to close the door. It's just held on with the poppers around the bottom and wondow seal now. i usually grab the door pocket at the bottom and give it a sharp tug and once one pops the rest are easy.

As for speakers, i have a blobeye and a hawk, Both have 6 1/2" vibe components fitted up front. You will need spacers for them so the windows can go all the way down and to save hacking the door up. Autoleads spacers for the Corsa III work fine i have those in the blob, there was some i got from america that are in the hawk that are made easy to shape and adjust, but i haven't seen them for sale for a while. You can put the tweeters in the std position on the little bracket or if you want to lift the sound stage (as they say) put them on the triangular piece of plastic like i did in the hawk. Pic below.

2b23c5f97516d3f1446e78b8c125c797.jpg

I took the chance while i was at it to put some sound deadening on, crossovers can be secured to the sound deadening or the back of the door card there's plenty of room for it behind the pocket.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what size the rear door speakers are? Sorry for all the questions, i'm aiming to get everything i need 1st, then on my day off install the lot in one go! Does anyone have a link to the front door adaptors i will need as my 6.5" Vibe Slick 6's arrived this morning.

I'll take some pics and if required, do a how-to guide as there doesn't seem to be much info on my year/model scooby.

Thanks

i got the corsa adaptors from halfrauds, or try ebay - Impreza speaker adaptors usually finds some.

I do believe the rears are 4" or if you use adaptors (no which ones) 5 1/4"

Thanks for the advice... all the speaker adaptors i've found on ebay are for 130mm speakers, ive just purchased some 6.5" Vibes for the front so need adaptors to plop those in.

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased some adaptors from the above link... nope. wont fit. I've started taking indepth photo's to show other people how to upgrade the front speakers as its turning out to be a nightmare and no one else seems to know whats required. Spoken to Halfords... they don't seem to have any Corsa III adaptors any more.

All the adaptors on the above link will NOT fit 6.5" Components so as this has had over 200 views please, PLEASE people if your doing the same as me... DON'T buy the adaptors! They are for 5" speakers only.

If I find what ones you need, i will list it along with a "How-To" guide for a full install.

Just been told by the guys on the Audi forums that these should do the job!

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_188854_langId_-1_categoryId_265892

Fingers crossed hey!

Edited by sum1 superior
  • 7 years later...

Hi guys, am in the same predicament only I am trying to change the 4 door speakers in my 99 classic Impreza. I bought four 5.25” speakers and they where to small. So I then went on to Halfords and bought what they had listed as vibe 6” speakers and they arrived only for me to find out they are actually 6.5” ? do any of use know if 6.5” will fit in the front doors with spacers and what about the rear doors. Think I seen someone say they are 4” will I get 6.5” in the rears ? 

I spent a fortune fitting Dynamat all round mine, quality speakers on adaptors, amp, sub, the lot. You know what. No matter how you try to quieten an impreza it just doesn't work. The car's glass is too thin. Wheel arches too thin and road noise and wind noise will stil lruin any attempt at decent sounds.

There. glad I got that off my chest. 

There are always issues getting correct parts and fittings, as like all cars. they are not the same some are obvious some not so. 

Number plate is no guaranty of Model year

changes & revision between years

Big differences between STi $ WRX

EU/JDM/UK differences

16 year old cars can be modified 

Tony