Deeper Burble

Have the Blitz nur spec (cat back) exhaust on my Hawkeye impreza and was wondering if it was possible to get the car sounding a bit deeper? Would putting a de cat pipe or induction kit/high flow panel filter make a difference or just make it even louder rather than deeper? :unsure:

Increasing the bore size from 2 and a half to 3 inch really deepens the burble. Like you said it also increases the volume with a decatted pipe aswell. I've got a full cobra 3 inch decat and its very throaty!!! Also very droney on the motorway.

I don't know whether ported headers would make a difference but maybe someone else will be along sometime soon to let us all know.

Both are out, mine has the resonator in the centre section and a 4 and a 1/2 inch backbox. It gives out a lovely tone but I'd suggest maybe a sports cat in there somewhere as MOT's don't allow a full decat.

Whereabouts in the country are you as If its near then I'd happily let you have a listen.

Thanks for the link. Does sound rather deep :) Am I right in thinking that If I replace just the cat pipe I need to get the car remapped or is that only if you de-cat or sports cat the down pipe?

my car ran fine without for months but made the map made a difference, someone cut the cat temp wires on mine but probally could bung it. mine is a classic so maybe different. i think if i remember if you decat watch your boost or adjust wastegate to were it usually boost. may cause it to creep. it did this when i ported the headers.