Winter Tyres

Well, that time is almost upon us again, when I hum and hey and probably think, "ach, i'll chance it"... Winter Tyre Time!

Glad I never bought for last winter! I said to folk, there's so many folk buying winter tyres, it'll never snow! lol

But this year, I think I might, as much (if not more) to protect my new alloys as much as anything.

Soooooo, I really like the look of these BF Goodrich Rally Tyres on David Higgins 75's new motor aaaaaaaand it's gots me thinkin (probably a bad thing).

First the daft thoughts, can I get BF Goodrich Gravel/Winter Tyres in the UK and would they do as a winter tyre?

I've been checking oot the specs and I can't work it out really - not enough info.

Ok - now the more sensible, if I cannae get a winter tyre with the cool BF Goodrich sidewall graphics, are there any other winter tyres that do a sidewall graphic?

I will likely do under 1000 miles through Winter and live a bit oot in the sticks so the roads aren't always great.

BF Goodrich E-Catalogue Linky

Sube Sports Online BF Goodrich Linky

621489_10151049354086689_2007601943_o.jpg

Edited by monsterenergy

I've got hawk STI alloys with Pirelli Sotozero winter tyres on them if you are looking for good quality winter tyres. They are no use to me as they don't fit the blob I have now. They dont have any fancy sidewall graphics though lol If I could get a cheap set of blob STI wheels I'd maybe keep them but for just now they are up for grabs for the very cheap price of £400.

Has anyone tried the Kumho KW27's? Looking for some tyres to buy for the winter when i get paid next month (nice chunk of overtime coming my way)and the Kumho's look too cheap, anyone tried them before?

Not used the Kumho winters, but I was very impressed with their KU31 SPT tyres.... though not sure you can draw any comparisons that way.

For winters, I use Nokian WR-G2s - very good winter tyre for UK conditions though prices went a bit silly after I got mine... might have settled down now though.