Bedding in new brakes

Fitted the summer wheels and needed to bed in the new brakes ready for the fling!

Left my house and went through to Alloa for fuel and to check the tyre pressures. From there it was Bridge of Allan, Doune, Callender, Loch Lubnaig, Strathayre, Loch Earnhead, Comrie, Braco, Auchterarder, Glen Devon, Home!

A couple of shots from Loch Lubnaig

IMG_5414.jpg

IMG_5418.jpg

IMG_5424.jpg

IMG_5427.jpg

IMG_5428.jpg

Stopped off at the St Fillans end off Loch Earn for a drink and something to eat. I came quietly round the corner :headbang: to some funny looks from three coppers :icon_fU:

Managed a sneaky shot of them

IMG_5432.jpg

Then stopped in a Castle Hill reservior on the way down through glen devon.

IMG_5437.jpg

IMG_5439.jpg

IMG_5443.jpg

IMG_5442.jpg

All in it was a good run and a good shakedown for the car before the fling :D

Both of mine are using Godspeed grooved discs and fast road pads but for some reason the hawk doesn't feel as good as the blobeye wrx. Might try some different pads and braided hoses and get the fluid changed while its in.... They aren't bad i'd just prefer more bite!

Godspeed grooved and their fast road/kevlar pad on the fronts on mine. Just changed the pads for the mintex 1144 from AS performance. Yes, seem much better. :)

Edited by marko72

I have just upgraded from standard WRX brakes with HEL braided hoses to K Sport 8 pots with their hoses and pads, seems a reasonable upgrade to me. When I had the HELs fitted i was told that they may not pass the MOT as their is a fitment/clip not on them that is on oem hoses. It did pass :) but might be worth checking before you fit them.

Great set of pictures - I like that!