Engine setup on proposed new WRX.

Interesting.... 3dr harch and lower engine size.. Is subaru looking to make a comeback to RAlly! I sure hope so!!!

Could be a cracking little car especialyl with additional Engine input from Toyota! All of a sudden I've got excited about Subaru again!

Shame the Impreza is dead.. But with fundemental changes like this it's for the best IMHO.. Gonna keep an eye on this one :thumbup:

Shame the Impreza is dead..

The impreza hasn't died it lives on as the non performance version.

The latest Impreza will be arriving in the UK next year.

It's already available in the US..............

Saloon.....

2012-subaru-impreza-sedan-8_653.jpg

Hatchback......

2012-subaru-impreza-hatchback-28_653.jpg

Have not heard which version Subaru UK will bring in, maybe both.

You can already check out the Impreza XV (crossover version)at your local dealer.

subaru-xv-15-09-11.jpg

It looks much better in the flesh than in the pictures.

Will be interesting to see what the new WRX/WRX STi really looks like as all renditions so far seem to be based on the 2012 Impreza.

The impreza hasn't died it lives on as the non performance version.

The latest Impreza will be arriving in the UK next year.

True, but it's not the Impreza we know and love.. Even every day impreza's still had a look of performance about them.. IMHo that started to get lost with the Hatch.. With one last Hurra, with the 2011 Saloon.. From what i've seen of the new Impreza it's very bland.. Even more so than recent versions. As for the XV.. that's a vehicle I just don't understand.. Why does it even exist! What was wrong with the legacy outback or Forester.. Why have subaru felt they had to wedge something into a gap that simply didn't exist!! I'm really not convinced by SUBARU's decision making in recent years :tumbleweed: I understand the desire to go to more mainstream vehicles but I do think their off the target somewhat.. and wasting R&D on unnecessary things...

Edited by ScoUK

Heat-generated electricity powering a turbo???? Thought electric superchargers didn't work? That'd be a HELLUVA big thermocouple array to give it enough oomph... worth it vs the weight? Possible?

I'm prepared to be wrong... but...

Rendered pic is a bit "Max Power" (whatever THAT is!) for my liking!!!