A hard decision made

warrior08

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you all know that due to extra travelling to work I can no longer justify the costs of running my Impreza. It has been an incredibly hard and sad decision to have to make, but one that has been necessary.

Its not so much losing the car, but more so losing this club. I have only been a member here for a year and a half but in that time I have made so many great friends and had some fantastic days (and nights) out with you all. Having had a brief, but highly enjoyable time within the committee I can only applaud all the hard work and effort that they (and all the RO's) put in. A truly inspiring experience and one that has shown what good hands SIDC is now in.

One thing that I have learnt from SIDC in the time I have been here is that the more you put in the more you get back! Myself and Nick came here when there were hardly any meets or runs out in the Midlands area but now it looks to be one of the busiest regions, alot of hard work has gone into building it up, and I must say, mostly by Nick (Goofy) but it is now looking to be paying off! I leave the running of the Midlands area in his capable hands and I wish him the best of luck for the future; any help and support you can give him will be greaty appreciated I am sure.

I look forward to seeing you all at some future events (as long as Nick lets me join him!) and remember, the more you put in, the more enjoyment you get back, so step up to the plate and get some events organised in your area!

Kind regards

Mark.

:driving:

Oh bugger dude :( sad times, but I'm sure you'll still be in attendance for a few meets here and there eh :)

What are you looking into getting?

Yes Matty, sad times.

But yes I will definitely be showing my face at plenty of meets :)

I think I am going to run the mrs' Fiesta ST (yes I know :( ) and let her get a cheap run around.

Hi Mark

Soz to hear, but your not losing the club, just this particular car at this time. It isnt the easiest running these cars at the best of times, but plenty of folk have come and gone to then return when circumstances are better.

Respect for the work you have put in and all the best with whatever you get into if you arent on here as much.

Cheers Mark.

Sorry to see you having to part with your Scooby Mark, but as Matty says, nothing at all wrong with an ST....

Be good if you're still able to come to the meets though, I'm sure we can arrange a pickup closer to the time....

Thanks for everything you've done for us, and me especially, will catch up soon.

Rich

Hey Mark,

That's really pish news! The short time you've been part of the club you've had a fair impact on it! No chance of being able to just get a cheap run around and keep the scoob? That's what I did a couple years back, stil strugglign to justify it as it doesn't get used much but I ain't letter her go!

You still hoping to be involved with SIDC? Hope so!

The really sad thing is.. Cost of ownership isn't going to get any cheaper :(:icon_salut:

Nowt wrong with the ST mate, good fun :)

I hope to see you around buddy, always welcome for a ride in my WR1 to shows etc :):occasion14:

Cheers Matty, I might just take you up on that! Oh.. I always did think it was the right colour BTW! :lol:

Hi Mark

Soz to hear, but your not losing the club, just this particular car at this time. It isnt the easiest running these cars at the best of times, but plenty of folk have come and gone to then return when circumstances are better.

Respect for the work you have put in and all the best with whatever you get into if you arent on here as much.

Cheers Mark.

The first chance I get of being back in a scooby I will be grabbing it with both hands, trust me!

Sorry to see you having to part with your Scooby Mark, but as Matty says, nothing at all wrong with an ST....

Be good if you're still able to come to the meets though, I'm sure we can arrange a pickup closer to the time....

Thanks for everything you've done for us, and me especially, will catch up soon.

Rich

No problem Rich, I am glad I was able to help you! Oh and yes, I will definitely turning up to plenty of meets :)

Hey Mark,

That's really pish news! The short time you've been part of the club you've had a fair impact on it! No chance of being able to just get a cheap run around and keep the scoob? That's what I did a couple years back, stil strugglign to justify it as it doesn't get used much but I ain't letter her go!

You still hoping to be involved with SIDC? Hope so!

The really sad thing is.. Cost of ownership isn't going to get any cheaper :(:icon_salut:

I looked into the second car thing and it really wasn't viable for me. Its true, its only going to get worse :(

Awww sorry to hear that mate, stay in the club though eh?

I have had to give up my RO and Advertising roles due to the extra hours required in my new job but I will be staying a member and will still have an input wherever I can. B)

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you all know that due to extra travelling to work I can no longer justify the costs of running my Impreza. It has been an incredibly hard and sad decision to have to make, but one that has been necessary.

Its not so much losing the car, but more so losing this club. I have only been a member here for a year and a half but in that time I have made so many great friends and had some fantastic days (and nights) out with you all. Having had a brief, but highly enjoyable time within the committee I can only applaud all the hard work and effort that they (and all the RO's) put in. A truly inspiring experience and one that has shown what good hands SIDC is now in.

One thing that I have learnt from SIDC in the time I have been here is that the more you put in the more you get back! Myself and Nick came here when there were hardly any meets or runs out in the Midlands area but now it looks to be one of the busiest regions, alot of hard work has gone into building it up, and I must say, mostly by Nick (Goofy) but it is now looking to be paying off! I leave the running of the Midlands area in his capable hands and I wish him the best of luck for the future; any help and support you can give him will be greaty appreciated I am sure.

I look forward to seeing you all at some future events (as long as Nick lets me join him!) and remember, the more you put in, the more enjoyment you get back, so step up to the plate and get some events organised in your area!

Kind regards

Mark.

:driving:

Sad news. Until two years ago, wife and I ran current WRX and an STi Type UK. Unfortunately the STi had to go due to unaffordable costs. We do sympathise, but perhaps one day you will be back in an Impreza/STi.

Regards, John & Carol MacDonald

Yes Matty, sad times.

But yes I will definitely be showing my face at plenty of meets :)

I think I am going to run the mrs' Fiesta ST (yes I know :( ) and let her get a cheap run around.

Mark,

The "people" are the Club :D Cars are just a different piece of metal :driving:

I'm still freinds with 95% of the old skool worcs/leomin/hereford scooby gang even though some have moved on to other marques 10yrs ago.

Yes you'll still get some friendly ribbing about the "Ford" but I'd expect the same if roles were reversed :smiley-taunt014:

Regards

Tony