The new machine is here

NewCar004.jpg

NewCar002.jpg

NewCar003.jpg

NewCar005.jpg

Well the car rolled in on a trailer at 11:15. Looks great got some stuff to sort out though. The Bridgestone Potena tyres may be slightly crap for an Aberdeenshire winter so i've ordered some new Falkens to go on in the next couple of days. Which means there should be 4 Bridgestones up for sale in 225/45/17 W if anyone fancy's some track tyres, there is still some tread on them. The new head unit will be slotted in today and i need to talk to Iain to find out what the switch next to the handbrake does - fuel map at a guess.

Ok i've tried 3 times to get the pics loaded up.... any tips guys! It used to work now it just does nothing.....

Edited by Andy

Took it into Westhill to fill up and gave it a bit of a bootfull on the way home and i can say it's feckin quick....

The switch i was worried about is connected to nothing, had it apart already to fit the new stereo and wiring it into the handbrake showed that one. Looks like the drivers side rear speaker isn't working so i'll be doing some fault finding over the weekend i think.

The tyres fitted are 225/45R17 and thats the size i've ordered to replace them.

The nice Alpine CD player i removed will probably going up for sale at some point as well.

Road angel installed already all i need to do for now is figure out if i can get the speedo/rev counter to do the funky sweep thing... Bit of interweb research needed.

It is nice and comfy, feels ready to takeoff all the time and is rather loud!

I love it and i've only gone 0.8 miles in it...

Edited by davey l wrx

Lovely car I really like it :) wish my budget could of stretched to a hawkeye

My mate just picked up his 55 hawk eye sti pop today if you find out how to do the sweeping needles let me no also pm me a pic of the stereo ,as in looking to change my Standered 1 out the WR1

Tried what it says in the handbook to get the needles to sweep but so far it's not happening i'll keep at it. Everything else seems to work like setting the shift warning but the sweepy dials isn't happening yet.

I'll sort a pic of the stereo when i can but its an Alpine CDE-104BTi. Was wirking fine at lunchtime today when i removed it. It's got a USB slot on the front and the cable that connects from the rear to an i-phone or i-pod. Oh and the front panel detaches for security. Has all the phone connections as well...

Looking good! B) That is a tidy looking machine! :thumbup:

If my car wasn't in bits at the moment I'd offer to meet ya somewhere while your through this way.... Mibbie nest time..

No idea about the sweepy thing.. AFAIK it's a default option and not a case of enable/disabling it. When the ignition is off are the dials black or can you see the numbers? Ones that sweep go dark and look like 3 black discs on the dash until powered up.. Curious to know if you get an answer to that

Cheers Al, first thing i did was fit the new headunit and blue interior LED. I am rather happy with it, should keep me going for a while without wanting to do anything. Thats the main reason i got from Iain, if i'd have got a std STI it'd be off to be mapped and played with. At least i know this one's been done properly... if you get my meaning.

I'm through Elgin way tomorrow al if you want a look. Picking the boy up at 3:20 from his school i can easily leave a bit early...

The handbook says the dial sweep is an option on/off like the shift light and warning buzzer - you can set where in the rev range you want it to be. I'll keep at it, might work eventually.

Edited by davey l wrx

Lovely car! JDM hawkeyes are right up there in my all time favourite list. Pop the cluster sweep question on Scoobynet- one of the JDM fanboys will have your answer before you can refresh the page! :-D

Done, i've looked on here, Scoobypedia and on Scoobynet but can't find a definitive answer. Maybe it's not on all of them but depending what you read all JDM STI's do it. Won't stop me enjoying the car i just think it's a funky thing that sets the car apart.

Looks very nice :)

If it's the RE-070s you have fitted, then you are right that they won't be much use on the winter roads up here, but they are spot on for the summer. I now run with two sets of wheels and tyres for mine, one for December - March and another set for the rest of the year. Get the performance in all weathers :)

Pulls like a train in ecery gear. There's almost no turbo lag even from 40 in 6th gear it just takes off. Got the brake warning light on all the time though not full on just about half brightness... Brake fluid is ok and the brakes work i'm just wondering if it needs new pads!

Nice start

Looks superb

Can you not get back to the company you bought it from about the warning light being on?

What's it had done to it Davey? I'm sure I saw you post it up elsewhere but I can't remember where... Looks braw.

Forget what I was saying... found the relevant thread *lol*

Still stunning!

Works for me.

http://www.litchfieldimports.co.uk/stocklist.asp?inc=332

It's that one, still listed as for sale...

Litchfields imported it with just over 1000 miles on it - first hawkeye they ever imported. Sold it on, bought it back and sold it again. The second guy brought it back to be tunes up and then couldn't find the money or something so Iain bought it back. It's only done 1000 miles with the new turbo (which looks cool with it's ceramic coating) and tune up.

I figured it was the easiest route to go, If i'd have bought a clean STI i'd have just been at the tuners chasing the numbers so i bought a ready tuned car from a trusted dealer.

Should keep me happy for a while

Motor's before this one...

Mk2 Cavalier LX

Pug 106

Pug 309

Mk2 Cavalier LXi

Mk1 Punto

E46 3 series

Blobeye WRX

and now the JDM STI

The furthest i've had it is up to about 6,500 while i get used to it (thats where i've set the change light and warning bleep for now). But it just seems to pull all the way. I wouldn't be suprised it pulled up to the 8,000 red line. With the new twin scroll fitted it pulls in any gear almost immediately. Nice and smooth as well it doesn't seem to loose anything as it goes. The WRX seems to loose a bit of urge at about 6000 but this thing just keeps pulling.

I can't complain for the price and it's a 2 litre so the tax is the same as the blobeye, Which is a bonus. :occasion14:

I've only filled it up once and it's still got half a tank (140 miles done) so it's not that far off the blob for economy on first look. I've got Road Trip on my i-phone that gives all the MPG details and money spent etc. So i'll see how it compares to the old blobeye in a few weeks after a few fill ups.

Having read ScoUK's thread i've ordered a ScanGuage as well to see if that helps me keep the fuel usage to a decent level and help monitor things while it's at it.

Having read ScoUK's thread i've ordered a ScanGuage as well to see if that helps me keep the fuel usage to a decent level and help monitor things while it's at it.

:thumbup:

Mine seems to read a little low.. Actualy MPG seems to be about 3-4mpg higher than the scangauge displays.. But you can calibrate it for hte car so it's more accurate.. I swap mine between two cars so not able to calibrate it properly for the scoob. But it's all relative..:icon_salut:

Good to hear your enjoying the car! Sounds like a BEAST!!

Cheers Al, it's a bit loud with the sports cat and 3'' Milltech Exhaust on it... We're about 1/3 of a mile outside Westhill and you can hear it going into the place. I think the new neighbours might have something to say once i get a job in the new year and it's tearing off up the hill out of the private estate we're in. All i've done in it so far is the Elgin trip on friday, quick drive to dyce for the new rubber yesterday and a trip to tesco today. I was going to wash, polish and wax it today but i can't be bothered, footy on the tv and a new guitar on my lap and i'm set for the day.

I'll make sure the ScanGuage and Road Trip are reading the same every bit helps.

I'm sure we can meet up at some point so you can have a look, i'm in elgin fridays and sundays most weeks.. :icon_salut: