Massive thanks due...

After my rear shocks started knocking a few weeks back (common on blobeyes) and with my osf wheel bearing in need of replacement I decided I would spend yesterday swapping my springs and struts over.

I had a set of WRX struts with the Eibach Pro Kit already fitted so had no need to do all the annoying fiddly bits like removing top nuts, dicking around with spring compressors etc so it should have been a nice straightforward job which would leave plenty of time to remove the osf hub to have the bearing replaced... Or so I thought...

Friday night I took each of the wheels off in turn and have the two pairs of nuts and bolts on each a good soaking with WD-40 ready for yesterday assuming that it would make things a bit easier... It didn't.

I started yesterday at 11am and by 4:30ish it was clear I was going to miss my window for having the alignment done today. In just over five hours I had managed to swap one rear strut and bend/crack/warp/shear more tools and 19mm sockets/spanners than I thought possible - I even broke my 500Nm Teng torque wrench! NOTHING was going to shift those bolts!!!

After a lot of swearing and a bit of a moan on facebook SW member Flathead (Alan) send me a message to say that he and his sons had some air tools and I was on my way to Swindon to get the bolts loosened... I had intended to use their tools to loosen up the bolts ready to swap the rest over today - under an hour after arriving though, Alan, Rich and Lloyd (dibble) had the whole lot swapped over!!!

I then had time to remove the hub, have the bearing replaced and even made my appointment for alignment - the car now handles like a dream now and I can't say how grateful I'm am for their help!

It's actions like this that really do make this club what it is and I'm so proud to be part of it! :D

Thanks once again to Alan, Rich & in particular, Lloyd who managed to get the camber almost perfect seemingly without even trying! Legends the three of you!

(will get some pics up in a bit when I'm not on my mobile ;) )