first couple of budget mods

Well like most I got fed up having a standard scooby very quickly so I've done a couple of mods to my wagon

1st off it was and still is too quiet. So the resonator box in the air intake had to come off not much different but it's a start. I've been quoted £505 for a cat back and 2nd cat delete H&S exhaust is that a good price and what is it likely to sound like? whilst I was getting a quote for the exhaust I bought myself a cosworth filter again not as much noise difference as I was expecting, although, I reckon it seems to pull a wee touch better. Now for the big finale (for this week) I did this...

P5271463.jpg

P5271464.jpg

P5271465.jpg

P5281466.jpg

P5281467.jpg

P5281468.jpg

P5281469.jpg

P5281470.jpg

P5281471.jpg

P5281472.jpg

I think that looks great. :thumbup: Nice n mean looking.

If u want loud then a good place to start is the backbox. Prob the centre pipe too. I had the H&S cat back, then the H&S 2nd cat delete pipe fitted. Noise wise was louder than standard but not alot. That was the prodrive style one they do. I changed the backbox to the afterburner vortex they do for scoobyworld. Great difference in loudness, how it should be, pops n bangs as well which is great fun. Good price from them just now as well. Seems alot for what you have been quoted. My H&S parts were a bit cheaper than that but was a couple of years ago.

If you want to be heard before you turn into your street sort of thing, then I would go for the big jap style backbox. Fully decatting will make a difference down the line as well.

very nice mate,

as for the exhaust, you can pick up a gd non-resonated centre pipe around £40-70 quid on the forums and ninja,afterburner,tsl backbox around 100-130 depending on condition which will make a massive difference to the sound,

only prob with doing the non resonated centre pipe is it can give the drone effect in the cab depending on how loud the system is, i just turn the music up :headbang

Now that looks nice and mean, I want to do that too!! Was it easy getting the headlight units apart?

I went to Scoobyworld and have done cat back afterburner with the Ninja2 back box. Sure it was cheaper than that. I have not found any droning inside my Hawkeye. Nice pops n bangs and turbo noises now especially with the Forge BOV.

Guys there will be changes to the MOT next year, so keep a hold of any cats you remove!! It may be that if you have your cats removed that it will be an automatic failure even if you pass the emissions test. Other things like tow bars and electrics will be included as well. I think it may be coming in April but not too sure.

Cheers guys! I was gonna mask the chrome ring round the xenons but I'm really glad I never. It was really easy I followed a guide on nasioc The hardest part was getting the lights on and off the car it's a real pain if I was to do it again I'd take the front bumper off. I shoved them in the oven for 10-15 mins they separated easy enough. If anyone needs any tips give me a shout.

Thanks for the advice on the exhausts too there's so many different options out there it's difficult to decide I want a nice deep burble but not too loud as I sometimes need to leave for work at 4am and I don't wanna piss off my neighbours lol