New Fast Car

Hi thought it was about time i posted my new car. The Exige was a great car so it was going to take something special to replace it.

Got this S1 Elise last week. Those of you who do SIDC trackdays might already know the car.

Kind of went backward but its a better car in every respect. Its kinda like the lightweight classic v's modern newage thing :boxing:

Spec: K20 Honda Engine, Hondata K-Pro Ecu, Tubular custom exhaust system, Nitron 2 way adjustable suspension.

IMG_4601.jpg

IMG_4602.jpg

IMG_2793.jpg

Nice Mikey. How does it compare to the Exige?

Much much faster, makes the Exige feel like a Bus. The engine and gearbox are amazing compared to the Toyota ones in the Exige.

Took Braveheart out in it and I think even he was surprised how fast it is.

Nice car, I've seen it quite a few times, and know the previous owners. It's a very well sorted car and amazingly quick!

Yep Alan and Jen are good folks and Alan knows Honda's as well as anyone.

Told him a long time ago if he was selling it I'd have it and he was good enough to give me time to sell the Exige

Great that you found one that has already been converted – sounds like a fantastic upgrade, but no' cheap by anyone's standards!

I had a look at Autotrader today and there are very few Elises on the market right now. I've heard that part of the reason is that a significant number are exported to Europe?

Anyway, great car, very envious :blush:

Edited by Mystery Machine

Pistonheads, Scottish Elises or SELOC are the places to find Elises.

A lot of them are going abroad but there are plenty of K series S1's around the 8-10k mark. Honda's dont come up often so you have to be quick when they do and you will pay between 13-16k depending on quality of the car.

Considering S1 Exige Honda's are now going for 26k+ its a bargain

Its 10k for a turnkey Honda conversion from the main suppliers but Im sure it can be done for a lot less. Speak to Stevie Whitson Im sure he could do one for you. Audi Engine conversion is also an option if you want really crazy bhp

Awesome motor mate, enjoy :)

My friend used to own a supercharged honda engined exige and OMFG was is rapid!! One of the few times I've genuinely held on to a seat and anything else I could find lol ;)

How the F@ck did you fit into an Exige Matty??? :lol:

I see your list is growing :o

Kenny

Kenny!! Well um... There is a video somewhere mate, I had to have some help getting stuffed in lol!! Then when we go back everyone just stood back to watch me drag myself out on my hands and knees lol ;) but funnier was my mates dad who was driving. He's from Japan and used to race there, I get in then 1 mile up the road he turns around and says 'you are killing my performance with your excess weight'!! He was not joking lol!!!

Love it mate :lol: You must have had your knees about you ears lol

Gawjus mate! Always liked these, though I prefer the Exige to be honest! ;)

I could just never justify the money for one, because these things are just sooo expensive to buy!

Cheers mate. Got to agree the Exige was certainly a better looking car.

They are expensive to buy but I sold my Exige for a grand more than I paid for it, I worked out it cost me just £20 a month to own including tax, insurance and servicing. But i saved £30 a month in petrol :thumbup: