Ultimate Shine V's Braveheart's Whitelighting

Well this one's for you Chris mate,

This car goes way back in my own history as well as the owner, he came to me with the car when i was working at Dastek and spent a few pounds with me and then he moved onto SW motorsport. I can remember when this car was standard lol.......

The first time i have worked on a car that was modded by me and then to be detailed by me,

Here are some pics that will be updated on a day to day basis with 3 days booked for the car. I would also like to thank Steve Whitson of SW motorsport the space and power and water for me to use whilst doing the job.

Please note that these pictures are not meant to show bad points on the car it is more to show the difference i can make to an already awesome car but with detailing i can make it look that extra bit special (or i hope i can lol.....)

Before Pictures,

Image_1.JPG

Image_2.JPG

Image_3.JPG

Image_4.JPG

Image_5.JPG

Image_6.JPG

Image_7.JPG

Image_8.JPG

Image_9.JPG

Image_10.JPG

Why have 1 fuel pump when you can have 2,

Image_11.JPG

Image_12.JPG

Image_13.JPG

A bit of brake dust to take care of,

Image_14.JPG

Now my washing stages start so my method for this,

The following was used,

Meguiars APC pre foam wash 2 times, after the first time a brush was taken round all rubbers and plastics on the car to make sure all crevices were clean.

Car rinsed off.

Wheels Cleaned with Autosmart smart wheels diluted at 6:1 and using a daytona speedmaster brush and a selection of wheel face brushes

Tyre sidewalls and inner arches degreased with Meguiars super degreaser at 4:1 and aggitated with various brushes

wheels rinsed

door checks done with meg's super degreaser at 6:1 slightly safe to avoid marking paint

rinsed

washed down with 2 bucket method and a Aquartz wash mitt and some nice blackfire shampoo

rinsed

Car covered in Autosmart tardis and left to soak on paint and then wiped down with microfibre cloth

rinsed

car then sprayed with Aquartz Iron X soap Gel to remove all fall out from paint (the small rusty patches you see especially on white cars)

wiped down with microfibre cloth again

rinsed

engine bay cleaned with Meguairs Super degreaser round edges of the bay and the underside of the bonnet and using brush to aggitate the dirt loose

then being very carefull the engine bay wash foamed with meguiars all purpose cleaner and left to soak for 3 mins,

I then set up my black barron drying machine so when i rinsed the engine bay i could pretty much dry it instantly to assure chris of no electrical issues

car foamed up once agin with Meguirs hyper wash and left to sit and dwell to make sure all surface were super clean

rinsed

dried with super plush drying towel and black barron drying machine

PLease enjoy various cleaning pictures

Image_15.JPG

Image_16.JPG

Image_17.JPG

Image_18.JPG

Image_19.JPG

Image_20.JPG

Image_21.JPG

Image_22.JPG

Image_23.JPG

Image_24.JPG

Image_25.JPG

Image_26.JPG

Image_27.JPG

Image_28.JPG

Image_29.JPG

Image_30.JPG

Edited by Ultimate Shine

Was my car that Dirty Paul lol i wash and Polish mines ever week lol {NOT} this is the first big detail its had since ive had it thought it deserved a Detail by one of the best around.

Looking not too shabby at the moment Paul keep up the good work mate looking forward to the Pics and write up the next 2 days :thumbup:

Started claying this morning but due to flat battery there was no pics of this i am afraid. The clay hardly lifted anything from the surface as i had used Iron X and tardis on the wash stage

Car taped up in usual way with low tack masking tape (3M)

Image_1.JPG

Image_2.JPG

Defects in paint and some orangepeel, this was taking the shine away from the paint so flatened to a point i was happy without removing too much paint.

Image_3.JPG

Image_4.JPG

Now time to polish the lights, prtoving very difficult on this car due to the shape of the lens but the 2nd and 3rd pic you will notice swirl removal round the edge of the light.

Image_7.JPG

Image_8.JPG

Image_9.JPG

A picture of Ultimate Shine hard at work lol....

Image_10.JPG

Now was an issue with condensation in the front light, this is rectified with a heat gun and quick heat up and then pull away, this will be fully sorted by the end of the job as i don't like putting too much heat in the plastic for long periods of time.

Image_13.JPG

After 10 mins of careful attention.

Image_14.JPG

Tail gate defects

Image_6.JPG

Image_15.JPG

Image_18.JPG

A picture of defects removed, no please remember the car needs refining tomorrow so all marring marks will be gone in the final stage

Image_19.JPG

Image_5.JPG

Defect round door handle

Image_16.JPG

Who is that guy?

Image_20.JPG

Defect on rear light and back quarter pics,

Image_21.JPG

Image_22.JPG

Image_23.JPG

Compounded and removed defects again with refining stage still to happen,

Image_24.JPG

Image_25.JPG

Image_26.JPG

Again orangepeel round the back quarter

Image_27.JPG

Removed to a point that i was happy

Image_28.JPG

Defect on the rear spoiler

Image_29.JPG

After some Machine polishing

Image_30.JPG

Backend of car looking good now, even Steve Whitson said the car was looking a lot crisper!

Image_31.JPG

A nice Gossy white is starting to happen

Image_32.JPG

Oh yea!!

Image_17.JPG

What a day of machine polishing, the hard bit is now done so onto the nice part of finishing the car tomorrow with refining and a base coat of sealant and then my premium Wax. That's when the magic really happens lol.....

Chris I did take the car outside for a look to see if it was doing what i wanted it to and I am not showing you any pics till tomorrow mate but I am pretty sure you are going to like this ;) ;) :happy:

PS. Big shout out to dougie the day for the best filled roll i have had in years, Chilli Chicken with all the trimmings :wave:

Well well Paul that's more like it can see huge diffrence straight away. One thing, who was leaving orange peels on my car as i dont like oranges lol love the way they defects are removed top job so far remember folks this car gets alot of action it is not a show car... :occasion14: one more day of grafting looking forward to seeing her in the flesh well done Paul so far :thumbup:

Crackin' job Paul,i just hope Chris doesn't just cast you aside after he tells you " you're the only guy i'd let detail Whitelightning",i'm sure he told his last detailer/expensive valeter that very same thing,still if you're happy enough working for that guy then that's you're look-out........just watch yourself is all i'm saying ;) .......................

4616445144_3de918cfb3.jpg

.....top job ,lookin' good Chris :icon_salut:

Crackin' job Paul,i just hope Chris doesn't just cast you aside after he tells you " you're the only guy i'd let detail Whitelightning",i'm sure he told his last detailer/expensive valeter that very same thing,still if you're happy enough working for that guy then that's you're look-out........just watch yourself is all i'm saying ;) .......................

4616445144_3de918cfb3.jpg

.....top job ,lookin' good Chris :icon_salut:

LOL PSML brilliant ha ha thanks for the comments guys and girls just want to see the finish production im home friday morning .. so may have time to pick her up for a blast before i head to of to spain for my holiday more bloody sun arrrrrhh.. :brickwall:

Looks amazing mate. Top job

Wont say I told you so Chris but Jet wash and crazy sprays aint the way forward.

Loving seeing Barry's welding all shiny. Pains me to say it but the Wee hairdressers got talent :thumbup:

When you off to Spain? Picking up the new motor on Saturday

Edited by mikeyb13

Looks amazing mate. Top job

Wont say I told you so Chris but Jet wash and crazy sprays aint the way forward.

Loving seeing Barry's welding all shiny. Pains me to say it but the Wee hairdressers got talent :thumbup:

When you off to Spain? Picking up the new motor on Saturday

Hi Mikey yes i thought the Jet wash was brilliant shows you how much i know about cleaning..off Satarday morning arrive LHR at 7am then flight to Edinburgh a bit panic shopping ie 1 pair of shorts and a vest lol and carrot oil ..then flight Sat early morning after 2 days of traveling so cant wait...

Got to admit must give Barry credit when due he is at least good at something :rolleyes: .

So chuffed for you and new car im exited just as much as you im sure you will be more pleased cant wait to get a shot will come and see it in when i get back home ..

How you fancy a look at the banana to see what can be done using your magic spell. Based on Chris's and other results i would like someone like yourself to have a look at what is possible and what is not

Yes mate no problem give me a call or pm me your number and a suitable time to call.

Paul

On to the refining stages,

Image_1.JPG

Rear surround looking dull and needing some attention,

Image_2.JPG

after

Image_3.JPG

after

Image_4.JPG

Boot needing a tidy up,

Image_6.JPG

The whole interior needs a steam cleaning to make sure it's free from bacteria assuring the surfaces are very clean, This also includes steam cleaning all the vents.

PS chris i refilled your airfreshner's with Bubblegum scent

Image_8.JPG

Interior aluminium panels polished with Brilliant metal polish and using my Dual Action polisher with a microfibre attached to the backing plate. The reason for this is the only way to finish Aluminium is to polish with an oscillating action only with very light pressure otherwise you will mark the surface.

Image_10.JPG

Swissvax Magic applied "Crystal Rock"

Image_5.JPG

Well after many hours of making sure the car looked at it's best I was blessed with pretty poor lighting conditions for the pics, the previous days were awesome but it is looking great.

Image_11.JPG

Image_12.JPG

Image_13.JPG

Image_14.JPG

Image_16.JPG

Image_18.JPG

Image_19.JPG

Image_20.JPG

Image_21.JPG

Image_22.JPG

Image_23.JPG

Image_24.JPG

Image_25.JPG

Image_26.JPG

Image_27.JPG

Image_28.JPG

Image_29.JPG

Image_30.JPG

Image_31.JPG

Image_17.JPG

Image_32.JPG

Image_33.JPG

Image_34.JPG

Well Chris i totally enjoyed that job and i just wish i could find a picture of the car when i had organised the first paint job on the car. Give me a call when you get back so i can talk to you about the correct shampoo, washing procedure etc etc. :occasion14: :occasion14:

:thumbup: Big big shout to Steve Whitson aka SW MOTORSPORT for allowing me to use the premesis and for the MOT and service on my car, what a great honest guy that makes time for everyone and if he can help he will. :thumbup:

P.S issue with video will load later need to go to work now and start on my next project. :cussing:

Edited by Ultimate Shine

I would like to take this oppertunity for thanking SW Motorsport for the maintenence over the last 3 years with the headaches i have given him also the bad times and amazing times every time things broke Stevie would be the one to pick up the pieces,and had to cope with my anger managment problems lol also to MikeyB, a good mate, Barry for his outstanding welding and fabrication work Frank for the coffee's and biscuits + banter and the 2 SW sons.

Also a big thanks to Paul for showing me what you can do to a suby many years ago and also for giving me the mod bug once it bites you never look back, and to everyone over years from SIDC.

In dubai having a few sherbets on route home.

Thank you Paul for an outstanding job mate cant wait to get home and get it dirty again lol :occasion14: