Just to let you know...

As of today I have taken on the role as the Somerset and Wiltshire RO.

During the Summer months there will again be local meets taking place and unless there are any objections I think the Sun Inn should remain as the meeting point. I have a few idea's for other meets etc and will post them up soon.

I am currently looking into organising a camping weekend in July including BBQ, family games etc in the New Forest for anyone interested. I will be putting this to other regions also so we can hopefully make it a whopper of a weekend... I will post up a seperate thread this week with dates and location.

I would love to hear idea's and suggestions from you all on how we can get the region back to where it once was... so please put them forward so we can all discuss them and hopefully put them to good use.

• 3 weeks later...

We did the Haynes museum with my old club and they allowed us to use the sprint track (not sure if it is still there). We used some timing equipment which was supplied by the *cough* MLR and it turned out to be a great day. The track is only first/second gear but it's a good laugh and yes there were a few pranges.

Just a thought

We did the Haynes museum with my old club and they allowed us to use the sprint track (not sure if it is still there). We used some timing equipment which was supplied by the *cough* MLR and it turned out to be a great day. The track is only first/second gear but it's a good laugh and yes there were a few pranges.

Just a thought

The sprint track is still there and it's the home of the Subaru Rally Experience - amazing sideways fun in rwd Impreza sports :) Did a writeup about a day there for TG in issue 2 (click here)

They did offer the track up for club use at the time so if you're all up for it, let myself or your local RO know and we'll try and get something sorted.