Drive me to the moon

Yeah the car's going well, been serviced very well I might add too :)

I've been a bit paranoid this week thinking that the engine is losing power so having been drivin home dropping down a few gears and pulling off to test its pull. It doesnt feel right for some reason, probably just me as I am used to its output.

So I asked the wife to take it for spin and give it some 'welly' and get her opinion. I pointed out the oil temp meter and said dont blast off until its between 70 and 80 degress. So my lad went with her, as a chaparone :) and i got a call saying that on the way back the temp hadnt risen above zero? So when they got back to the house she said look its still not risen and only pointed to the non working(yet) water temp meter :brickwall: the oil temps were at 80 to 90 degrees, just the right temp afterall. She did say that she got it up to a good speed on the way back and said it was alright...doh!

I have put in some redex fuel injector cleaner this week on a 3/4 tank so maybe its running a bit sluggish with this added to the fuel? I'll have to take her for a spin, the car that is, and burn off the last remnants of fuel/redex combination vapours on the way to Highworth, my favourite drinking hole, and fill up on the pure stuff again....paranoia is great for rapid weight loss :)

Hmm Stu, this diesel stuff, what is it, its not in my vocabulary :)

Reckon I need to go out in your motor col :) I hear it's pretty darn sweet and tight :) :)

Yes mate anytime :), although I couldn't be in the passenger seat tho', it would have to be a solo run as my lightweight 16 stone mass might slow the car down a wee bitty :)

I gave the car a wee blast on the way to work this morning and the car seems back to normal again, must have been another half tank of fuel that 'fixed' the mysterious 'slow' issue, strange :)

Col, you've nothing to worry about mate, she's phenomenal, drives like a dream :)

Thanks Stu, it's great to know the wee car runs ok :occasion14: . Having driven the car so long you get accustomed to its ways. Having someone elses perspective is a huge help, I did think the car was stuffed over the weekend after putting the fuel treatment in it.. :crying: I was looking to start weighing up 2l and 2.5l shortblocks and prices, no need now (for the moment at least) :)