Edinburgh and Lothian's Meetings 2011

Folks,

As you know its been difficult over the last 12 months or so to get meetings in the Edinburgh and Lothians attended even by doing joint monthly meets with the guys in Central :rolleyes:

So, I 'm going to ask what days,time and venues suit the majority? I thought South Queensferry was fairly central(ish) but happy to look at venues across the area if folks want different locations.

I'll run with the meeting this Thursday (all Welcome!) but after that its over to you guys to decide if and when you want meetings :icon_salut:

Plans are afoot for some runs in the summer months but if nobody is interested in the Edinburgh and Lothians area I wont flog a dead horse and will organise with Haud it and daut it (Tam & Brian) to hold everything on the home patch :occasion14:

I can go to the occasional ones.. but with the rising cost of fuel at the moment thats now gona be less now!! I think we should have more "central" one off's (like the Falkirk wheel) where peeps from all over can meet up... I like to go to other area meets too but that would mean a meet nearly every week for me.... also have a few trips planned this year so saving up for these too

Day wise though ....I can do any now as no other commitments (except the new mutt!Lol) but would be interested in a few runs :D

im happy having the monthly edinburgh and lothians meet, i do play footy on thiursday 9pm - 10 pm though but did tell them that one night every month i wont be able to play because of the meets,

also happy to stick to thursdays or for a weekend meet or any other night except a friday as i usualy do a backshift in work 11:30am -21:30,

venue down south queensferry im happy with going to aswel, would also look forward to some runs as theres some no bad roads in the lothians and edinburgh area,

other alternatives for venues that i could think of would be either -

1- The Cockatoo which is 30secs of sherrif hall roundabout

2- The Melville inn just at dobies garden world which is about 1min from sherrif hall but can be taken the slip road exit before you get to it ,

3- toby carvery just at crammond

cant realy think of any other venues and those ones at sherrif hall i thought may be easier for everyone coming from every direction as its all bypass driving, well maybe a bit more out the way for people coming from across the bridge.

could maybe get everyone to say roughly what area their coming from and then pick somewhere which is the same rough traveling time and distance for everyone , though drina (luvmyscoob) is probably coming from furthest away ,

or could do a different venue each month or have a vote on where the next meet would be so each month is closer to a certain members area so everyone gets a turn of not having to drive to far, e.g me and midnight are closer to dalkieth area so have a meet at a venu near sherrif hall one time , then next time have a meet at a venue out drinas way, then following month south queensferry and so on ....

just random ideas but thot id throw a cat amongst the pigeons , but i am happy sticking with the thursday at hawes inn south queensferry .

Edited by thebigfelly

Gustav

Thinking the Borders area is so geograhically spread out that mid weeks are impossible for people so i have tended to do mini events instead of meets, thinking that weekend may suit better for people down here.

If possible i would like to try and do a lothian and Borders type meet/event to try and generate some interest, next wee event i am thinking about is a wee hurl down to revolution in Newcastle as it is not too far, dunno if people would like that or not answers on a postcard.

cheers

John :occasion14:

Gustav

Thinking the Borders area is so geograhically spread out that mid weeks are impossible for people so i have tended to do mini events instead of meets, thinking that weekend may suit better for people down here.

If possible i would like to try and do a lothian and Borders type meet/event to try and generate some interest, next wee event i am thinking about is a wee hurl down to revolution in Newcastle as it is not too far, dunno if people would like that or not answers on a postcard.

cheers

John :occasion14:

Aye John I'd be up for that :D

Aw wait a mo.....take it your not meaning this then

http://www.revolution-bars.co.uk/newcastleut :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:P

I know i am a newbie but i look forward to the meets, wherever they are. Nice to catch up with some scooby minded people :thumbup:

Thanks Paul (the big felly) for thinking of me and my far away location. i.e miles from anywhere lol... But honestly cheers for the consideration.

Fuel is always a big issue with my folks but hey once a month wont kill the bank, or so i protest :rolleyes:

I hope the Edinburgh and Lothians meets/runs still keep on going. Weekdays/weekends are all good for me.

There was a lothians meet in livingston at deerpark arranged by braveheart last year, it was reasonably well attended as i think it was more due to location being central , i like to attend as many meets as i can but queensferry it just to far for the westeners to get to , would be up also for weekend meets .

kenny

Hi John,

That sounds a plan, Sundays would be good for me, I think if we had a quarterly meeting that was planned well in advance people could change their existing plans if they wanted to, or at least make sure they were available moving forward.

Let me know what you think and we can get the 1st one arranged.

Gary

if that revolution night club is the same one im thinking off , it was a rip off for drinks and to get in when me and the lads were down there, but id also be up for a weekend trip down there, thats what me and the lads done , out checkin the shops , then to the footy at st james park and then out at night .

Gus,

Strange that its been so difficult organising meets for the L&B lot. -

I'm interested in Runs and trackdays :)

what about the Flotterstone Inn, it quite handy for nice roads. perhaps a run down to moffat!?

Revolution (the motorstore) looks cool - I had no idea this place existed! Revolution (the nightclub) looks, em, :icon_hang:

Chris.