Highland Fling banter thread-Hotel details added!

Yeah jasonW I was thinking mid afternoon on the Friday but I am flexible with time. See what Lewis and Brian wanna do. Is Feckdeamon coming?

I am no CB expert but I have a REALLY old one here from a boat I used to own, I was gunna use that. there are ones on eBay that look quite good for around 40 quid all in. Seems cheaper than wallis talkies with better range. Maplin sell both wire in and hand held ones quite cheap too. Any thoughts?

I'll most likely drive through to Inverness on Sat morning. Previously it's not been bad doing all the miles in one day as there is usually a few stops/pickups just outside Aberdeen, Morgan McVeighs, Elgin then a good blether in Inverness before hitting the road.....although I know you value your bed in the morning!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice to have a new face along Mike :)

a litchfield spec c? very very nice! havent seen it about the ness but then i havent been about too much lately, fire up some pics for us :D

Yeah i'll have to get a couple of pics up, had it a while but not out too often with the state of the roads up here :angry:

HI guys i am from the far north and there was still vpower in thurso last time i was there and also think there is some in kildary just outside tain so there is places its just noing were and how fast to drive ha ha the road from helmsdale to thurso is a dream if there is no lorrys i would love to join you lot but will see

cheers grant

Maryburgh or Dingwall :lol:

now now thats below the belt :redcard: Thats bandit country!

I really should change my profile to Inverness but i'll be back over the bridge soon enough.

Grant i think its Pace in Kildary but will look on Saturday if i go to the snowman and was Esso in Thurso with 97?

Helsdale to Thurso is a great road, used to do it weekly, emptied an evo tank by Brora once, tho that was a small tank using anti lag now and again :D

Edited by mike16v
Im voting for 3 groups this year:

1) Progressive group :headbang:

2) Less Progressive group :driving:

3) Hatch group :boobies:

Leaving in that order so the majority of us dont have to look at those Prius lookalikes all day, except in the rear view mirror! where they belong!

I'll take your bait... don't worry!

Don't quite see which of those groups YOU fit into anyway! *lol*

Do you actually need a wheel Blair? couple of cans of that Tyreweld do the trick no?

Think that's the way forward and if I get a major sized hole(oooh eeer) then I am sure someone will have a spare I can borrow.

Cheapskate MoFo! Carry your own! :P

Why cant you carry your own? Have you cut the sparewheel well to save weight? :lol:

Non yet but looking at cutting out the whole boot floor and replacing with a sheet of either carbon fiber or alloy. I plan on fitting a huge diffuser thingy eventually (not before fling).