Winter Tyres - Who Will Be Running Them?

I went t ae rumbl round the backroads in just after we had a bit of snow flurry here at weekend, It's got Yoko advan's onnd while in the town I felt they really lacked in grip, when reached the back roads (they were mostly ice covered in a 10-15mm snow) they actually seemed to do ok, car was sideways through most of the corners but this was on roads at 4am that i drive daily and know like the back of my hand.

I've always used klebers in the winter months and neve really had any bad problems. This will be my first winter in a scoob though. I'll be putting either Hankook V12 K0's on it next weeekend or uni-royal rainsport's.

Think I'll try for a set of Nokians.

Well I got my Nokians in September and have had them fitted for a few weeks. They took a bit of 'scrubbing in' first few miles they were like driving on marbles in the wet, but have settled down great just in time for the snow.

Now they are brilliant, nothing stops the car, using it as a snow plough to clear the top 6 or 8 inches off for everyone else!

:)

running re070's here as well not by choice as the car was supposed to be tucked up this winter :( it's not getting stuck but it's very very twitchy and when on compacted snow it's sliding all the time... nearly binned it this morning as the road sloped to the left and the car tried to slide down to the fence :( can't afford winter tyres DOH!