Dealer Discount

Hi all

i have read on another forum that SIDC members get dealer discount? is this correct as my local dealer says no way, quite confusing

Hiya,

You have to be a fully paid up member of SIDC to qualify for discount from dealers etc.

Once you become a member you will have access to our True Grip magazine which lists all dealers which do give us discount.

Cheers,

Rach

Hiya,

You have to be a fully paid up member of SIDC to qualify for discount from dealers etc.

Once you become a member you will have access to our True Grip magazine which lists all dealers which do give us discount.

Cheers,

Rach

Thanks for the reply Rach, would you know if there are any in Somerset? if so its worth me joining ;-)

thats a great looking mag as well, very impressive

Stu forgot to mention that if you'd been a fully paid up member you'd have had access to a very good article about a recent rolling road event at Zen Performance, can't think who wrote it...................................................................

Oh yeah, it was me! :P

Seriously though, glad you like the mag, Stu has spent many hours working very late at night to get it this good and I think you'll agree he's done an amazing job :rolleyes:

Baz - worth showing that page to your dealer and if no discount, then please let Stu know so that the list can be updated :rolleyes:

I think that throughout this thread, we've assumed that the discount you sought was for parts / service etc - I'm not aware of dealers who quote a SIDC discount on buying new cars if that's what you were hoping to find?

Stu forgot to mention that if you'd been a fully paid up member you'd have had access to a very good article about a recent rolling road event at Zen Performance, can't think who wrote it...................................................................

Oh yeah, it was me! :P

Seriously though, glad you like the mag, Stu has spent many hours working very late at night to get it this good and I think you'll agree he's done an amazing job :rolleyes:

Aww shucks! :P

That was a rather good article Rach - need to get my arse in gear and get you reason to write another! :D

Baz - worth showing that page to your dealer and if no discount, then please let Stu know so that the list can be updated :D

I think that throughout this thread, we've assumed that the discount you sought was for parts / service etc - I'm not aware of dealers who quote a SIDC discount on buying new cars if that's what you were hoping to find?

Ah yes, good point David - unfortunately nothing on complete cars I'm afraid.

Oh, and if they don't offer discount, let us know and we'll put them on the list of ones to speak to! :D

Just to let you know the mag might need updating as i have had this reply from the service chap at Vale Motors

"Good morning Baz,

We do not have any agreement with SIDC ,but could offer you a discount on orders over £150.00 (ex VAT) on Subaru, Isuzu, Fiat & Suzuki parts .

Because the discounts we buy at vary depending on part category we can only advise what discount we can offer on individual enquiries.

Regards, Ben…"