Great Day!

As I was enjoying my sleep off the night shift I received a nice wake up call from my wife at 1130am :P

She had taken the wee one swimming at the Magnum centre and came out to find the Scenic had a puncture!!

Change it I thought!! Oh, hang on, I remember being told that the car didn't come with a spare!!! Apparently it's commonplace these days?

Phoned Halfords about a space saver wheel but they don't sell them so thought I'd take the wheel of and get it fixed.

Good old Parks at Irvine hadn't supplied us with the tool to take the centre cap off!!! This is on top of a while back when I found out they hadn't given us a wheel locking nut tool either!

Thankfully along came a good Samaritan who gave us a can of foam that he had so we could drive to kwik fit.

Nice to know people like that are out there.

Needed a new tyre at kwik fit and amazingly they 'only' had Goodyear, Bridgestone or Pirelli with the Goodyear being cheapest at £114!!!

I only paid about £85 for my F1 Assymetrics (also bigger)!

No choice really though!

That's it really. Any tales of woe?

I'm just passing the time at 2am!!!

Edited by Richie Cross
  • 3 weeks later...

It's a disgrace that motor manufacturers don't provide a spare wheel or space-saver. Perhaps it will take a situation like the one above to end in painful tears before someone is held to account for this sort of neglect-for-profit approach. I bought a 59 plate Civic a few months back and no spare, so it is commonplace and today I was just thinking what I'd do if I got a puncture. Glad it was a "happy" ending though.

some times locking wheel nut is in a floor compartment or under seat drawer but if its a grand scenic theres a compartment in rear behind the three seats in a floor compartment where there should be centre cap remover,locking wheel nut key can of foam and compressor hope this help incase theres a next time ;)

Edited by subarucraig
  • 5 weeks later...