2003 Sti Speaker Size

Hi All,

Hope you are all well... ;)

I have finally bought a stunning 03STI and it blow my mind away in every way... barring the standard speakers... :lol:

They are sooooooooo bad that it actually hurts my ears to listen to any music. :D

I have looked at various posts for information, but unfortunately they seem to confuse matter furthur...

So if i want to remove the standard crap and replace it, what sizes would fit (preferably without spacers).

Front Size?

Rear Size?

'In Phase', make thin shallow speakers... Would these fit directly in the front doors?

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-...-1c_p-25625.htm

I am looking to change;

Front speakers with components (amped up :) )

Rear speakers

Sub and Amp

Does anyone have personal experience with 'InPhase' equiptment?? Good or Bad??

Many thanks for all your help;

J

Hi All,

Hope you are all well... :o

I have finally bought a stunning 03STI and it blow my mind away in every way... barring the standard speakers... :)

They are sooooooooo bad that it actually hurts my ears to listen to any music. :P

I have looked at various posts for information, but unfortunately they seem to confuse matter furthur...

So if i want to remove the standard crap and replace it, what sizes would fit (preferably without spacers).

Front Size?

Rear Size?

'In Phase', make thin shallow speakers... Would these fit directly in the front doors?

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-...-1c_p-25625.htm

I am looking to change;

Front speakers with components (amped up :) )

Rear speakers

Sub and Amp

Does anyone have personal experience with 'InPhase' equiptment?? Good or Bad??

Many thanks for all your help;

J

Hi J, I too have recently bought an 03 sti and just last weekend changed the speakers. I bought JBL 130mm for the front with an adapter and 100mm JBL for the rear but the adapter plate in the front is too deep so the tweeter on the speaker is touching the door panel. On the rear i had to make an adapter plate out of 4mm plastic and the tweeter still touches the door. So DON'T do that. LOL. Hope you get sorted. Lance.