White Cart Viaduct

Glasgowshire just isn't a cool place for motoring, is it?

I used to head through from time to time, but haven't been for years... spend all your timing sitting in traffic :P

Seems councils and road departments cant communicate. For ages we have no-one working on the problems we have with uur roads, then all at once they decide to go for it causing chaos. The viaduct has cracks in it needing immediate attention, this was found before the completion of the M74 had started. Why was it not fixed first before causing 2 major roadworks on the one short stretch of M-Way.

Baffles me

Seems councils and road departments cant communicate. For ages we have no-one working on the problems we have with uur roads, then all at once they decide to go for it causing chaos. The viaduct has cracks in it needing immediate attention, this was found before the completion of the M74 had started. Why was it not fixed first before causing 2 major roadworks on the one short stretch of M-Way.

Baffles me

maybe its , the manager managing the manager whos managing his manager, probably to many chiefs justifying their jobs getting feck all achieved

kenny

As far as I am aware the White Cart Viaduct refurbishment is a long term project which has been ongoing since 2007 when we had the last set of roadworks and the lanes were narrowed. The contract for Phase 3 has been recently awarded and will take 9 months. This will include expansion joint replacement over a 12 week period where there will be lane closures and contraflow.

What I can't understand is how the hell can a motorway bridge built 30 years ago be life expired??!!

Kenny, I work in Greenock, what you going to be doing here? I spent a time commuting from Cumbernauld to Greenock which was a bit of drag. Train not an option?