Rollin Road

• 2 months later...

A sport putting out 170? What year? Mods?

Sorry to come across as negative but it takes a HUGE amount to get a sport much past 150 (I own a sport myself so am only too aware of the limitations I'm afraid).

That said, the newage factory figures are by all accounts a lot lower than real world figures (nearer 150 stock) so you may be in luck! ;)

Subaru4you are okish but very pricey i had a quote of £2500 from them to rebuild the bottom end of my engine but half way threw the rebuild they started adding to the cost and i ended up paying near enough £5000!!!!!! I was not pleased! plus they took for ever and a day to do the work and when i got the car back i found alot of important nuts and bolts loose like the rocker cover and intercooler bolts! not very professional to say the least! Sorry to come across as negative but i wouldn't want to see people get ripped off like i did. i now use Colin Minton (Ignition Motor Sport) hes based near Newbury and hes reasonably priced. and for a rolling road ive heard very good things about Surry Rolling Road. I hope this helps. B)

With the issue of the rebuild aside, are there any issues with the rolling road at all? Do they use fans direct onto the intercooler for cooling purposes or in front of the car simulating normal road conditions? Has anyone had an RR session done there previously?

Cheers,

Col

Hi Andy, thanks for the info old bean :) by the other forum, does it have a 'scoob' and 'net' in its name somewhere :)

Out of sense of curiousity and 'cos I'm a nosy bastage I'll wander over 'there' and take a wee peek around and see if I can find Iain's writings.

Cheers,

Col

With the issue of the rebuild aside, are there any issues with the rolling road at all? Do they use fans direct onto the intercooler for cooling purposes or in front of the car simulating normal road conditions? Has anyone had an RR session done there previously?

Cheers,

Col

I have used both S4U and Colin a few times and would recommend both, although S4U seem pricey.

I have had a few runs done on the rollers at S4U and yes they use a big fan in front of the car to simulate air passing over the car as on the road.

HTH Andy

• 2 months later...

Hi Andy, thanks for the info old bean :) by the other forum, does it have a 'scoob' and 'net' in its name somewhere :)

Out of sense of curiousity and 'cos I'm a nosy bastage I'll wander over 'there' and take a wee peek around and see if I can find Iain's writings.

Cheers,

Col

Where did you go in the end??

On the basis of this thread I am getting a new cambelt fitted by Ignition Motor Sport tomorrow, so will see how that goes.

Then I want to go to a rolling road and see what the stock car is currently doing, was thinking of surrey rolling road.

Although a quick look on youtube about rolling road mishaps is a bit worring :blink: !!

Edited by shwrx

I can give a big :thumbup: to Colin at ignition, he's just sorted me out a new clutch, rear main oil seal & inspection plate, steering rack Gaiters, MOT & 4 wheel alignment for a far better price than anywhere else.

Cars now transformed & pulling like a train again.

He also spent a goodly time passing on some helpful hints & tips around replacing rocker cover gaskets, which is the next job on my list.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...