World Karate Championships, Aberdeen 23-24 June

The organisers of the World Karate championships have invited the SIDC to put on a display of up to 8 cars at the Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre during the weekend of the 23rd - 24th June.

This event has attracted over 600 entries from all over the world, and the numbers of competitors, trainers, guests and spectators are expected to be well over 5,000 !! The event is also being filmed by SKY television, with a huge potential audience.

The organisers are trying to put on a variety of demonstrations and displays, with a strong Japanese theme, and the SIDC are one of the first organisations to be approached.

I'm sure that passes could be arranged so that anyone with their car on display could get free entry to the event, to watch any of the action.

A local car valetting business has offered assistance to clean the cars on display to showroom standard

If you want to get your car on TV, and viewed by thousands of people, then please get in touch: e-mail

• 2 weeks later...

Ken,

the latest on this (due to low turn-out), is that we'll only have a presence on the Sunday. There should be a few other Subaru's there, and I'll probably leave mine there for the day as well, and go into watch some of the karate.

The other cars you are looking for are a Series McRae, and a silver 4 door, both of which should be very clean

I'll hopefully get over there about 11am on Sunday.