Home Cinema

As most members know I really like my electronic toys. (it's also how I earn my living)

So this is my first real attempt at a full home cinema setup.

The screen is 120inches at 16:9 format

01-thescreen.jpg

The projector is a acer s1200 short throw with HDMI firmware upgrade giving 1920x1080 progressive at 60Hz

02-Projector.jpg

The distance from the projector to screen is only 7ft the mark on the wall doesn't appear on the wall?.

03-Projectortoscreen.jpg

The remote used is a URC inc MX 3000

using this I can control everything even the lights.

08-RemoteMX-3000HomeScreen.jpg

Simple to use screens.

09-RemoteSelectScreen2.jpg

I bought 2 cabinets and modified them to fit the full lenght of the wall.

04-Cabinet.jpg

Picture quality is great

05-Blu-raylogo.jpg

06-1080p.jpg

07-Lanscape.jpg

Sound is cracking from a DTS Samsung setup due to get replaced by ether a kef or Linn setup.

Still got to do some painting of the walls and replace the lights with dark holders.

but very happy with it so far.

Ed.

Orders now being taken.

I have a large wall in my bedroom that I fancied rigging a projector too. Excluding the cabinet, would you mind telling me how much all the gear cost and any advise!?

The full setup including getting someone in to skim and line the wall, was just around 3k-3.5k. the screen paint was bloody expensive at over £200 just for the grey colour. The wife says I'm not allowed to spend money on the scooby so it went on this. only other expense will be the new audio setup (when I can afford it).

If you miss out the remote and the cabinets use a normal drop screen and blu-ray with surround sound amp built in, and could use a normal hd projector (I only needed a short throw cause the room is small) you could do it for about 1.5k-2k

Main advise would be don't cut costs on the projector (go for a full hd one) and hdmi cables to it(hdmi 1.4 10meter is what I used). drop screen you can pick up quite cheap same with blu-ray players.