To be honest not sure there is a right answer for you. We live in Scotland so it's got to do both wet, drenched and dry roads. Do you push your car all the time, now and then or a happy cruiser. Just don't skrimp on them and doubt you'll go far wrong.

You seen the new Michelin tweels, our roads get any worse and I reckon they could be a big hit if every sold !! ;)

(tried to upload a few pics i have of them but it isn't working :D )

Edited by C_WRX

not alot mate, already changed the front 2 tyres due to the prodrive set up

must have been around 4000 miles and cars twicthy as well oer cambered roads

backs are nearly down to markers in 6500 miles mate

but drive like you stole it up the back roads

what you got for offering phil

I had Pirelli Rosso's fitted to my STi7 and thought they were excellent in terms of grip (225/40r18), but being Pirelli I think they wouldn't have lasted too long before needing changed.

I'm just about to switch from Eagle F1 GSD3 (215/45r17) to the Asymmetric (225/45r17) in a few weeks, so should be able to make a direct comparison then. Up until now the GSD3's have been very sticky, but wearing excessively on the outside shoulders (Alignment was done at the end of last year at Hypertech).

I was just asking about your RE070's because I've got a set fitted to my spare wheels, and wondered whether I should be driving the car to Kames with them on or change to the Bridgestone when I get down there? For the sake of 50 or so easy road miles each way I'll probably just arrive with them fitted next Saturday :blush: .

have used goodyear gsd3's for a while now and cant fault them for wet grip,dry grip and lifespan but then i do drive like miss daisy....

loved toyos on the classic but found them a bit too slidy in the wet on the blobeye,didnt feel like they heated up enough

John every type of yoko's i ve tried have been the same from a509s to prada 2's, dreadful in the wet ,ok in the dry but broke away very suddenly

out of curiosity what tyre pressures are people running on newage 18s?

and hope this means your keeping the wrx Neil :beer:

Hi Dave

Running 32 all round at the moment and seems to suit the car, the spec 2s are great to a point and your right you have to back off before they break away on you.

See you at knockhill at the weekend :blush: