Swindon May Meet

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will bring the springs, but to be honest taking the spacers out has pretty much solved the problem... Or at least it's as good as it gets without trying to swap the piston, which when I called forge it didn't sound like it was a option. It's 'dumping' at about 0.3bar which I'm sure I've read on here is what you'd recommend. But can have a play if you fancy it.

Guy (who's birthday it is today).... Oh you're gonna laugh...... He text'd me this morning with news about his car. As you know it's in David Hendry getting the bottom end rebuilt due to a 'knocking' sound.... Well... Turns out the engine is sound as a pound and that there's actually a hole in the up-pipe causing the 'mechanical sounding knocking noise' (as Guy put it) Lol

He's getting a new clutch fitted and sort a couple of oil leaks and some new plugs instead. So he should be along as well :D

Will bring the springs, but to be honest taking the spacers out has pretty much solved the problem... Or at least it's as good as it gets without trying to swap the piston, which when I called forge it didn't sound like it was a option. It's 'dumping' at about 0.3bar which I'm sure I've read on here is what you'd recommend. But can have a play if you fancy it.

Guy (who's birthday it is today).... Oh you're gonna laugh...... He text'd me this morning with news about his car. As you know it's in David Hendry getting the bottom end rebuilt due to a 'knocking' sound.... Well... Turns out the engine is sound as a pound and that there's actually a hole in the up-pipe causing the 'mechanical sounding knocking noise' (as Guy put it) Lol

He's getting a new clutch fitted and sort a couple of oil leaks and some new plugs instead. So he should be along as well :)

Well thats good news for him :D ..................If I knew his SIDC Log On then I would have wished him a Happy Birthday here to however as he is as elusive as you on here then I cant :D;):lol: