Anyone Want A Group Buy At Meercat Exhaust

Since the winter is over and spring is here...its maybe timing to get the modding on the go.

I can speak to Wullie @ Meercat Exhaust and will arrange a group buy on exhaust.

Let me know what yous want and i will try my hardest to get yous a good deal.

I could set up the GB to run for 2 months or so.

Peter

Hi Fai,

What's the rough cost (even without GB) of getting an exhaust from them?

I have a full system but it's a bit loud for my liking- could they make just a backbox to fit what I have

and be a bit quieter?

Cheers

Kos

Hi Fai,

What's the rough cost (even without GB) of getting an exhaust from them?

I have a full system but it's a bit loud for my liking- could they make just a backbox to fit what I have

and be a bit quieter?

Cheers

Kos

If you just want a quiet backbox, I've got a newage STi one that's as quiet as any, that you can have for not a lot?

Kosy, there's a very good chance that it will fit mate, I have a Newage Prodrive back box on my car just now, only difference is that you can only use 2 of the 3 hangers, because the 3rd hanger is on the wrong side. you can get it welded, or just leave it, as I have... its been though at least 2-3 MOTs and never been mentioned. they worst that you'll get on an MOT though would be a advisory, they wouldn't make you change it. :wub:

IIRC, the Classic BB wont go onto a Newage without cutting the 3rd hanger off (and/or moving it to the other side) because it fouls something...

Edit to say that the New age system is longer, I think the BB is slightly longer than a Classic one... But you'll be good to go!

Edited by thefastone

Thinking about sacking off the Blitz NUR on my car. If the exhaust is changed from the downpipe back, will I require a re-map, its something which I'm not 100% about because of the difference in flow etc... and don't want to screw up my car just to make it a little quieter.

Cheers,

Grant

Well I wouldn't want the guys to have to chop up my Blitz exhaust to get a Meercat backbox fitted, so if the Blitz is coming off, then I'd be selling it as a CAT back system... meaning that I'd need a centre and backbox from Meercat mate, but I'm really not sure that the car would be running as it was on the Blitz, so that means I'd need a map tweak...... which I'm not too keen on, since I love how the car drives currently.

Cheers,

Grant

I have had a lot of work done on the race RA at Meercat and the quality is first class so this would be a good chance to get a your exhausts modded or replaced. Given that Meercat are very reasonable anyway then you could end up with a bargain. Remember they can chop into a system and add small resonated sections as well as building complete systems, back boxes and fabrication of rotated set ups and custom intercooler pipework etc etc

Kosy, there's a very good chance that it will fit mate, I have a Newage Prodrive back box on my car just now, only difference is that you can only use 2 of the 3 hangers, because the 3rd hanger is on the wrong side. you can get it welded, or just leave it, as I have... its been though at least 2-3 MOTs and never been mentioned. they worst that you'll get on an MOT though would be a advisory, they wouldn't make you change it. :wub:

IIRC, the Classic BB wont go onto a Newage without cutting the 3rd hanger off (and/or moving it to the other side) because it fouls something...

Edit to say that the New age system is longer, I think the BB is slightly longer than a Classic one... But you'll be good to go!

Fastone - Thanks for the info and advice. Food for thought. I think I will need to give meercat a phone to see what they can do as I would be concerned about any other BB not fitting the rest of my system.

Fai - Sorry for the mini hijack. Good luck with the GB :D

Kos

Fastone - Thanks for the info and advice. Food for thought. I think I will need to give meercat a phone to see what they can do as I would be concerned about any other BB not fitting the rest of my system.

Fai - Sorry for the mini hijack. Good luck with the GB :wub:

Kos

No worries mate...tell me what you want i and i'll get a GB price for you.

I have had a lot of work done on the race RA at Meercat and the quality is first class so this would be a good chance to get a your exhausts modded or replaced. Given that Meercat are very reasonable anyway then you could end up with a bargain. Remember they can chop into a system and add small resonated sections as well as building complete systems, back boxes and fabrication of rotated set ups and custom intercooler pipework etc etc

Well said Archie :wub: