Finally I Got One! (p1)

Hello folks,

After lurking here for some time I feel it is time to introduce myself. After 10 years of wanting (I even got a brochure in 2000!) yesterday I finally made it and got my first Subaru - a P1.

Got the chance to give it a quick clean and take it out for some pics today. Hope you like them. I just can't wipe the grin off my face! :D

2wdx4zd.jpg

155jtkj.jpg

dem1c.jpg

xckh2d.jpg

ev56pk.jpg

Looking forward to getting involved and meeting some of you at the upcoming events. Keep an eye out for me!

Regards, one very happy new owner!!!

Kos.

Kos what a mint looking motor after talking to you on the stag do i knew it would not be to long before you took the plunge. Enjoy and don't forget bye bye bank balance. I love it :rolleyes:

Gordon

Hi Gordon, yeah that's the bank balance gone!! :whistle:

Ah some more P1s :rolleyes:

Stuart - yeah pretty much standard. Had a rebuild at Ian Grieve Subaru 3 years / 12000 miles ago. Would like to get filter, walbro and map by Andy Forrest when funds allow.

Lovely example, always worth waiting for a good clean example.

A map would be the first thing, you've probably researched P1's to death but just in case. P1's were JDM cars modified and rebranded as P1's in the UK. They weren't mapped for UK fuel but had a fuel broquette in the tank to increase the octane level of the UK fuel. One of the reasons they have a habit of blowing the engine around the 50k mark is there broquette disintegrates.

Use a booster to help the octane level up (Andy recommends NF) until you get it mapped. Not trying to scare you just good to have as much info as possible.

Keep your eye on the events section for Edinburgh meets.

Pretender - Cheers. :rolleyes: Yeah I have got a crate of OB winging it's way to me and will use it along with V-Power (if i can find any!!). Im going to be gentle and take it easy on the car till I have the mapping funds.

Micra - Cheers for the link. I've been on p1woc too and would love to go to the prodrive event. The distance is putting me off a little as im not sure about taking it on a 700 mile round trip when i've just got it. It would be a shame to finally get the car and not go though! Will need to see :whistle: