Someone Tried To Steal My Scoob!

Woke up this morning to a call from Lothian and Borders police telling me some dirty low life tried to steal my car while i was staying at the girlfriends parents last night. Anyway got up and back to the flat to find the wiring and alarm box all ripped out from under the dash. on quick glance wiring looks in one peace and car starts so no faults with immobiliser but they managed to make off with the Apexi S-AFC II which was mounted on the dash and have left a few dents in the drivers door which i think is from them kneeling against it while prising the window back so they could use something to open the car.

later found out my beloved scoob was not the only one last night to get targeted as another not far from me had its window smashed and contents removed

Im so mad, just wished i had been at the flat to catch the dirty c***s cant believe the inconsiderate b*****s probably sittin smug after selling everything of for his next hit of crack!!!

Woke up this morning to a call from Lothian and Borders police telling me some dirty low life tried to steal my car while i was staying at the girlfriends parents last night. Anyway got up and back to the flat to find the wiring and alarm box all ripped out from under the dash. on quick glance wiring looks in one peace and car starts so no faults with immobiliser but they managed to make off with the Apexi S-AFC II which was mounted on the dash and have left a few dents in the drivers door which i think is from them kneeling against it while prising the window back so they could use something to open the car.

later found out my beloved scoob was not the only one last night to get targeted as another not far from me had its window smashed and contents removed

Im so mad, just wished i had been at the flat to catch the dirty c***s cant believe the inconsiderate b*****s probably sittin smug after selling everything of for his next hit of crack!!!

Terrible mate. At least it's still running and with you.

Brian.

Gutted for you plus you are lucky m8, get a small camera mounted up on the wall, 2 cameras in fact pointing in different directions. Cost is buttons now for that sort of gear and a wee pc card & boom 24/7 surveillance with the bonus of having a record on the PC hard drive, that alonw will give them a second thought.

Gutted for you plus you are lucky m8, get a small camera mounted up on the wall, 2 cameras in fact pointing in different directions. Cost is buttons now for that sort of gear and a wee pc card & boom 24/7 surveillance with the bonus of having a record on the PC hard drive, that alonw will give them a second thought.

Pretty good idea this one, how abouts would it be done though with wires etc, I take it drill through the wall and runs wires ya?

what is it with low life f**ks

i saved hard for my wagon and to be honest it took 2 years of saving and a year to get the bird round to the idear.

i would be gutted if anybody tried to steal it or break into it.

i think we should find the little smelly wee tramps take them to crail tie them to the rear of the scoobies and see if the f**ks can do 0-60 in under 7 secs on there feet

feel for you mate atleast they never got away with the car chin up

Pretty good idea this one, how abouts would it be done though with wires etc, I take it drill through the wall and runs wires ya?

Depends on location of cameras, don't go for wireless cameras as batteries need replaced. Even a old pc with a video capture card stuck in a cupboard some place in the house/attic out of the way and left on 24/7.

I use that at work & have remote access to the cameras so it can be monitored from here or Glasgow, London, china or any place with internet connection all with remote recording plus the main pc.

Peace of mind is priceless imho.

Gutted for ya auldy but beware now they know where the car is they will be back. where i live is a dumpin spot for stolen cars i c this happen every other night. The police know who these people r but nothing ever seems to happen to them.If the worst happens and they do get it 2 spots to look for it are miller hill coal yard or the back field behind jack kane centre but by then it will probably be burnt to kill forensic evidence sad but true so up yer security big time.

cheers guys as you all say just glad still got the motor would have been even more gutted to have found it burnt out or on police camera action with some t**t behind the wheel.

did see that news article as one of my mates pointed it out - made me wonder if it could have been the same bunch.

like the camera and pc idea though goin to look into that bit more as there is no street cctv etc round my way.

cheers

stuart

cheers guys as you all say just glad still got the motor would have been even more gutted to have found it burnt out or on police camera action with some t**t behind the wheel.

did see that news article as one of my mates pointed it out - made me wonder if it could have been the same bunch.

like the camera and pc idea though goin to look into that bit more as there is no street cctv etc round my way.

cheers

stuart

Thievin scum bags. Alot of idiots about at the moment needing shot.

I see you live in Tranent, I am in Macmerry myself.

Paul