Red Sti Clean Up

Hi all,

As the car had been in the garage for a week getting a "few things" - Prodrive spring kit, STI quickshift, Prodrive Performance Pack etc I finally got a chance to top up the wax today after it was detailed by JKP detail about a month or so ago. Has been filthy, clean, filthy, washed, etc for weeks as it's used every day in all conditions...

Anyway after the following process:

PW to rinse of dirt

Autosmart HD Snowfoam and then dwell

PW to remove foam/dirt

2BM wash with Autosmart Autowash (excellent stuff)

PW to rinse

Wheels cleaned with Very Cherry & Supagard brush

Car dried with Uber & Monza drying towels

Glass polished

Wheels sealed with Poorboys Wheel Sealant

Car waxed with Poorboys Natty Blue and removed immediately

(Car already wearing two coats of DodoJuice Supernatural and bonnet one coat of EXP sealant).

Plastics and tyres had been done about 300 miles ago...

Lots of afters & reflection shots:

SNC10644.jpg

SNC10638.jpg

SNC10650.jpg

SNC10640.jpg

SNC10641.jpg

SNC10642.jpg

SNC10645.jpg

SNC10646.jpg

SNC10647.jpg

SNC10648.jpg

SNC10649.jpg

SNC10643.jpg

Brian ;)

Edited by WRXMANIA
Looks good mate :rolleyes:

Do you always pre rinse befroe foam?

I just foam from dry and find the foam sticks better and i get more cleaning power from it

Tried both - also experimenting with a second foam with Autowash and using the mitt on that with a rinse bucket. Also seems very good as the car is "pre-soaped" so no scratching etc.

Brian ;)

I tryed that too but wasnt keen by the time you get half way round most of the foam has run off

However if the car is very dirty i have foamed, rinsed re foamed then washed with 2BM and its very slick

The thing is there is no right or wrong its all down to personal preference ;)

Edited by notsosmall
I tryed that too but wasnt keen by the time you get half way round most of the foam has run off

However if the car is very dirty i have foamed, rinsed re foamed then washed with 2BM and its very slick

The thing is there is no right or wrong its all down to personal preference :rolleyes:

Very true - I think I may try the foam, rinse, then 2BM after foaming but not rinsing to keep the car as slick as possible ;)

Brian.