£500 22b

amazed that the original owner didn't buy it for £500 off his insurers - he must have known that the wreck / parts could have been sold on to the 22b community!

suppose we ought to feel sorry for the guy who lost it - awful to lose any car, but something that special ........

bring any poish birds back.....???

surely that cant be right , can it , i didnt think it would go back on the road if it was total loss , i though it was only uneconomical repairs that could , unless they really did think it was just a type r because that was what it was insured as?

surely that cant be right , can it , i didnt think it would go back on the road if it was total loss , i though it was only uneconomical repairs that could , unless they really did think it was just a type r because that was what it was insured as?

Depending on the category of "total loss" it can legally go back on the Rd

Jammy bugger richt enough. :P

Cat C and D can go back on the road. Cat B is parts/spares only i think.

thats right mate,

cat A is fit for 1 thing...the crusher

cat B is spares only..

Cat C and D is if the damage comes to more than 2/3 of the book price of the car then it gets classed as total loss as its uneconomical to repair (in the insurers eyes)

however claims are based on replacing all damaged parts with brand new parts, 9 times out of 10 you could probably fix the car for less than half of what insurance says damage is just by using second hand parts.

thats why so many cars get written off while having very little damage.