Bloody Mot's

Not the scoobies :lol:

I went to tax my mondeo today and it turns out my MOT ran out in October :thumbup::banana::lol:

Why the hell cant they send reminders that its due like the road tax. :thumbup:

I know the road tax cash goes to the government and thats why they are quick to remind us that its due but what happens with the cash from MOTs does this all just go to the garage?

That's lucky but easy done. Means you were running with an invalid insurance policy aswell. I know there is the date on the MOT Cert. but it would help if a reminder is sent.

Main garages do send "your MOT is due for renewal" letters but that's just for your business if you went there for your old MOT.

Edited by sti_steve
I've used an independant garage for years and they send a reminder. When i went in to book the Scooby in for it's first MOT since i bought it he thought i was six months late cos they'd sent out the reminder for my last car. Just depends on the garage i suppose.

Im sure Ive read somewhere that if you have insurance but your MOT has run out, your still covered on a third party basis only. No use to you if you have a smash, but should hopefully take some pain out of what could potentially be a massive bill.

last time I looked, the new style MOT certificates come with the sticker as well, down in the bottom right corner.

But hae to agree, a reminder would be useful.

Im sure Ive read somewhere that if you have insurance but your MOT has run out, your still covered on a third party basis only. No use to you if you have a smash, but should hopefully take some pain out of what could potentially be a massive bill.

last time I looked, the new style MOT certificates come with the sticker as well, down in the bottom right corner.

But hae to agree, a reminder would be useful.

The insurance is only valid if your driving to a garage either for the MOT or to have work done on the car i do belive!

I can't complain with the place i use in Elgin, great service and they send the reminder out. Thumbs up to J.G Wishart. :thumbup:

Paul, as a garage owner and MOT station, I'd like to just say, for f**ks sake, would you like us to wipe your ar$e too? :whistle: Kidding mate.

We operate a reminder service, it's entirely up to the garage, there is no need to do it. The MOT certificates do still have a sticker section on them but I chose not to stick them on cars as some owners can be funny. Or nobs. Or total b@$tards. If they want to stick - let them stick.

The MOT fee is a guide price, a maximum chargeable for the class of test. From that we must pay a test slot fee per test, this is currently two pounds iirc. The rest goes to us to pay for the equipment, calibration, the premises, the maintenance, the labour, the admin, the insurance, the tea and finally, the biscuits, if there is any pennies left over.

I wonder why you reckon any portion of road tax is used for motoring related issues - except maybe to remind you to pay the next - defo used for that one!!

PM me your reg and MOT expiry date and I'll remind you bud! ;);)

That's Crap I know, I used to get regular reminders from Town and county, I don't think that I've had a reminder from them now for the last couple of years... You can stick as many stickers as you like I guarantee that after 3 months at the maximum, you will never look at that sticker again untill you are at the MOT station. Its a massive waste of money, and a massive waste of time...

and to make things worse, a couple of years ago, I never got the reminder through for the road tax, so I never renewed it (I didn't know) and they fined me £80 or whatever it was, I complained, they told me that they were not obligated to tell me, and that its my fault. I had to pay. C*nts. Same Deal too, the dates on your windscreen, but how often do you check it, and how often is the first that you know about your road tax is when the letter drops through your door.

Its basic human behavior.

That's Crap I know, I used to get regular reminders from Town and county, I don't think that I've had a reminder from them now for the last couple of years... You can stick as many stickers as you like I guarantee that after 3 months at the maximum, you will never look at that sticker again untill you are at the MOT station. Its a massive waste of money, and a massive waste of time...

and to make things worse, a couple of years ago, I never got the reminder through for the road tax, so I never renewed it (I didn't know) and they fined me £80 or whatever it was, I complained, they told me that they were not obligated to tell me, and that its my fault. I had to pay. C*nts. Same Deal too, the dates on your windscreen, but how often do you check it, and how often is the first that you know about your road tax is when the letter drops through your door.

Its basic human behavior.

i suppose at the end of the day (as much as i dont like to say it ) the onus is always on the operator of the vehicle to ensure it is in a roadworthy condition before operating it .